Tru-Life Swimbaits

Lunker777

Hey everyone

I saw these on WFN a few nights at, I believe on "Gettin Schooled"

Anyhow... the action on the 4" swimbait was AMAZING !!!! Really got me thinking about these lures. Even the Wife was impressed by these baits ! haha I think it gives me the reason to buy a few !

Question is.... How does everyone feel about these baits ???? Pros? Cons ? ( other than the $20 price tag )

Thanks

they do swim very well they work quite well also, i own 2 of them and use them very seldom although they do work. if you enjoy tossing jerkbaits and crankbaits they are worth the price. personally i'm more of a soft plastic guy

Matt!

if the wife likes em go for it and buy a doz. haha

I bet it catches fishermen as well as it catches fish. If it's not a muskie bait, I'm not paying twenty bucks for it. That's just my opinion.

i can see where a lot of people can relate to this Ben but if a twenty dollar lure catches big musky and thats what you like to catch and it makes ya happy so be it, if a 20 $ lure catches perch and that's what makes ya happy then so be it as well.

i guess my point is if your catching the fish that makes you happy and gives you a thrill the price of the lure shouldnt have to relate to a species or certain size of fish i guess

These baits are great but the paint will start to chip at the joints. I have their bigger baits without a problem. I love them. Need to be fished slow though. I have the smaller ones and they have started to chip alot. I have almost every Swimbait on the market right now. I would spray a little bit of clear coat on them before using them. It will work wonders. Very realastic to.

Guest skeeter99

these baits are not the best looking or best made

spro bbz1 is good

jackall bros mikey and mikey jr are awsome

jackall bros dagored

sebile magic swimmer

jackall bros swimming ninja

lucky craft california

yeah I got a few and they aint cheap, there is a time and place for them just like any lure in your box

There are now many $20.00 Bass baits, and people are buying them. I think that from now on we will see more and more high-end baits. If we buy them the price won't come down...

I believe Swimbaits were invented by west-coast Bass guys who were fishing for near world record size Large mouth in the San Diego reservoirs. Last year some Pros did well with them in clear water lakes like Lake Amistad at Del Rio Texas. However I seem to recall they were an all-or-nothing type bait. If you got bit it would be a big fish, but the more traditional bait guys were weighing in more fish.

For non-tournament guys, maybe the question is; "Do you want to fish all day for one big fish?" I pretty well gave up Musky fishing because for me, the answer was "NO!"

Another good question might be, "Will I catch more fish if I use a $20.00 bait?" I suspect that on highly pressured water you might. However we don't have a lot of heavily pressured water, at least not in my area.

I have some near $20.00 crankbaits but my swimbaits are the cheaper hollow belly type. I'm going to have to see a lot more bites before I'll be giving up my Senko's for a big swimbait.

$20 is not that much for a bass-catching bait. What's that....3 bags of plastics? Per fish, senkos are way more expensive than most higher-end hard baits. If you're not fishing around muskie, and can cast well enough to not throw it in a tree, there is no reason you should lose it a lure like this...your not banging stumps and laydowns with it.

I like the lure myself. It is a good waker and tends to catch larger fish. The adjustable weight system is pretty useless on the water: too finicky for me.

Stay away from the Lucky Craft California baits, complete junk. They will come apart. I have three of them that have been garbage since the first week I bought them. Mikey baits are good but not that realestic. Girons, as most of my friends know are my Favorite Bait. These are a very hard to get use to type of bait. Not so true is that they are a one bite day. You have to know where and when to use them. If I were you I would probally start off with a softer bait style like the Mattlures series. I would go with the East Coast series. I do very well with them here. The Ultimate Bluegill has been a deadly bait on Scugog and Rice the past 2 years. To many people here firsh them for one day nd go back to their flippin jig or soft plastic. To stubborn to think outside the box a little. I have ben using swimbaits for years with great success. The first year was tough but after you start catching you will enjoy them. You would be surprised how many fish eat those so called Only West Coast Rainbow Patterns here. Simcoe is one good example and Lake O is another. I would also like to add that Bass Magnet lures out of kingston, ontario also makes a deadly paddletail style, probally the best on the market today as it tends to swim on the downfall. I have Basstrix and higher end baits that will not do that. Check them out.

i can see where a lot of people can relate to this Ben but if a twenty dollar lure catches big musky and thats what you like to catch and it makes ya happy so be it, if a 20 $ lure catches perch and that's what makes ya happy then so be it as well.

i guess my point is if your catching the fish that makes you happy and gives you a thrill the price of the lure shouldnt have to relate to a species or certain size of fish i guess

I hear ya, and that's why I said it was just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks... whatever floats your boat. It's that type of thing.

I hear ya, and that's why I said it was just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks... whatever floats your boat. It's that type of thing.

i do share the opinion myself, i curse and swear all rapala lures the damn things cost 10+ bucks almost everywhere.

And next year it will be something else, as long as the guy pitching the bait or idea has a familar face and wears a funny shirt that I wouldn`t be caught dead wearing it will sell.

I have six tackle boxes/bags full of crap I get a big headache when I think of how much money I have spent on this stuff over the years.

Most of the stuff has not seen the water more than once and probably never will.

A selection of jigs/grubs, a few spinnerbaits, a selection of plastics is all 90% of the fishermen out there need but then those guys wearing those funny shirts would be out of a job.

And next year it will be something else, as long as the guy pitching the bait or idea has a familar face and wears a funny shirt that I wouldn`t be caught dead wearing it will sell.

I have six tackle boxes/bags full of crap I get a big headache when I think of how much money I have spent on this stuff over the years.

Most of the stuff has not seen the water more than once and probably never will.

A selection of jigs/grubs, a few spinnerbaits, a selection of plastics is all 90% of the fishermen out there need but then those guys wearing those funny shirts would be out of a job.

fisherman only use 40% of their baits 90% of the time! haha

if wearin a funny shirt paid for me to fish i'd be wearing one too!