In London Tonight

jjcanoe

Everyone is welcome to attend the TRAA meeting this Wednesday April 8th at 8pm

Grosvenor Lodge 1017 Western road in London. (between Oxford St. and Platt's Lane)

Come and find out about the Giant Water Weenie (will we need a bigger BBQ?) that the canoe club is proposing to install and have the city pay for. Get the results of our electroshocking trips, learn how the Brown trout in the hatchery are doing, and the ETA of the Rainbow eggs and the possibility of getting Brook trout eggs this year, and find out the secret location of the TRAA spring trout derby.

We have a guest speaker this month, IAN JAMES will be regaling (telling) us with some of his famous anecdotes (stories). Ian is a best selling Author 'Fumbling with a Fly Rod' a regular contributer to many outdoor magazines, a member of past Team Canada flyfishing teams, Founder of the forks of the Thames chapter of Trout Unlimited, a Flyfishing instructor at Fanshawe College, and lastly but by no means least a well known Flyfishing Guide.

Don't miss out on this event!

jjcanoe

We have a guest speaker this month, IAN JAMES will be regaling (telling) us with some of his famous anecdotes (stories). Ian is a best selling Author 'Fumbling with a Fly Rod' a regular contributer to many outdoor magazines, a member of past Team Canada flyfishing teams, Founder of the forks of the Thames chapter of Trout Unlimited, a Flyfishing instructor at Fanshawe College, and lastly but by no means least a well known Flyfishing Guide.

Dot miss out on this event!

jjcanoe

Ian's a very entertaining guy. I met him one night while wading the Thames and didn't figure out who he was until later. Went away from the experience thinking the guy should write about fishing. Then when I went to his webpage I discovered he does. His book is excellent. It's out of print as far as I know (I tried to buy a copy after borrowing it from the Stratford library). I wish I'd known about this event earlier.

JF

I'll lend you my copy John, Chapters on Wellington ocassionally has a hard or soft cover copy on the shelf. Don't know if he's working on a second book or not but if he is I'll be buying it as well.

Thanks. I can usually get it at the local library. I just wanted to get a copy of my own to add to my fishing collection. It's just something I do with my various hobbies.

JF

Yeah I kinda re-read your post after I posted D'OH! my bad!

No problem. It was good of you to offer. I lend out a lot of my books and I know the return rate isn't as good as the lend rate.

JF

see you there!

Folks we always need more members! $20 well spent for anyone in the area who wants to help make a difference improving the local water habitats and fisheries within them.

You will also have the opportunity to be working on projects with some of the most knowledgeable conservationists and fishermen in the area.