Sens Smoke the Habs

for this habs fan i was at work thinkin they have an easy win on the way to the playoffs, likely finish in 8th and would take the bruins to the 6th game and losing in a proud manner for this fan,

instead got home to watch sportscenter with a 3-2 loss to the sens and finding out 2 top d-men were out for the remainder of the season (one of which is the top point getter on the team) hopes dashed...............

maybe just maybe by some luck they'll still make it to the post season and score at least a few goals against the bruins in a quick ending series, cant wait!!!!!

GO HABS GO

i don't think anybody with the money to by such a hockey team would have to worry, they'd be laughin to the bank all the way, i'll believ gillette intends to sell when he says so, "seeking financial advice" is only common sense to a money man like George Gillett and is probably done every year by all these money men, the media needs stories and turns into a possible sale,

GO HABS GO

Are you out of Your Mind. First of all I would not consider Markov or Snider Defenseman. Good on the Power Play-Yes. Good at defending the crease. No. Remember Markov and Hammer-lick/Brisbois last year. Yup, same Pansies that couldnt defend for the Young Goalie. Remember him getting Roughed up.

As far as the Bruins are concerned, they ll play like last year, but only with more confidence. Lets see, Komisarek is now quiet, so who is Gainy going to put on again Milan Luc. Probably George Laroque.

1. Hes an embarrassment on skates

2. Chances are hes not going to intimidate him

3. Don'T be surprised if they do square up, Milan handles Laroque pretty good

That's if Rocking George is not hurt, or Benched

Anyhow the Habs are cowards, and I believe they're agenda is to be with family overseas.

Florida lost last night, so Montreal needs a point.

Does nobody remember the last time Boston was the 1st seed? They were big then too, and tried to run Montreal through the boards and out of the building... and lost.

Habs are a team built around puck posession and speed. Markov and Schneider were two of the best. When Price is on his game and playing the puck like he does, he's like a 3rd D. They are not big bruising stay at home d-men (that's what O'byrne; 6'5" 237lbs, and Komisarek; 6'4" - 242lbs, are supposed to be) but it's a different game today - they will burn you if you try and push them around and end up shorthanded. Schneider was a godly at keeping the puck in the offensive zone, which is huge when you have 2 mins to make something happen and was the reason the powerplay blossomed when he came over. His shot from the point was nice, too.

Now they are both gone and Price has been off. But it's a cardinal rule of NHL hockey - anything can happen in the playoffs. All they need is a win over the Bruins or Pens and they likely draw 7th and the Caps. Imagine if they made it far enough that they got all three of Markov, Schneider, and Lang back... it might be a pipe dream, but that's why they play the games.

Lucic is a tough hockey player. Laroque is a goon. Lucic was playing on his teams first line. Laroque was riding the pine. Lucic will be dressed for every playoff game and actually get some ice time. Laroque, not likely. The Bruins were leading by 3 goals at the time, why would he fight? You must be a Habs fan, good luck with that :lol: .

Lucic is a tough hockey player. Laroque is a goon. Lucic was playing on his teams first line. Laroque was riding the pine. Lucic will be dressed for every playoff game and actually get some ice time. Laroque, not likely. The Bruins were leading by 3 goals at the time, why would he fight? You must be a Habs fan, good luck with that :lol: .

I can`t really argue with most of what you say but the fact remains he tucked tail and skated away when challenged.

just look out for next year,

hartsberg had them at 17-27-7

clouston has them at 19-10-3

clouston's rochester team was in good standings when he was there and had a deccent playoff position now they are out of the playoffs

so is the sens .666 winning record just playing without pressure or his coaching

the players like him and the results are quite apparent

next year i dont predict habs fans making fun of us for not making playoffs. IF they make the playoffs. kinda sad they bank on other

teams to lose so they can make the playoffs. if they could win a game on their own they wouldnt need to watch florida play hockey!

just look out for next year,

hartsberg had them at 17-27-7

clouston has them at 19-10-3

clouston's rochester team was in good standings when he was there and had a deccent playoff position now they are out of the playoffs

so is the sens .666 winning record just playing without pressure or his coaching

the players like him and the results are quite apparent

next year i dont predict habs fans making fun of us for not making playoffs. IF they make the playoffs. kinda sad they bank on other

teams to lose so they can make the playoffs. if they could win a game on their own they wouldnt need to watch florida play hockey!

Nobody was making fun the the Sens missing the playoffs - but we all know how the thread was started.

Habs are not banking on other teams losing. They need a point to clinch. Nobody else earned them their 41 wins.

As for the 19-10-3 record, I think it's a bit of both. This Sens squad has been up and down the last couple seasons. They play extremely well and then tank it for a bit with no apparent reason. Last season was the same, they were talking of dismantling the team and starting over for cryin' out loud, but they picked it up late in the year and made the playoffs.

I wouldn't want to mess with "Big George". Under contract for 2 more years at 1.5 million, he must be the highest dollars per minute player ever. He's been the undisputed heavywieght going on 10 years now, and I hope fighting is never removed from the game. Maybe he was just asking Lucic for a signed stick or something :rolleyes: .

0bgl.jpg

LOL....

They made it in by a single point after such a stellar start :rolleyes:

I can't say that after having one close game vs the Bruins that THEY LOST is any reason to think they have the slightest chance of

Winning the cup...

They are one of the worst teams "in the league" as of the the last half of the season...they just coasted off a good start.

But in all honesty,

I wish 'em luck...

I'm no fan by any means, but I like to see the Canadian teams do well.

But I'd say regardless,

Be it washington, or Boston...I smell a sweep

LOL....

They made it in by a single point after such a stellar start :rolleyes:

I can't say that after having one close game vs the Bruins that THEY LOST is any reason to think they have the slightest chance of

Winning the cup...

There are only 4 points separating 4th and 8th.

Despite the rollercoaster year, they did what they had to and are there. That's better than the 14 teams that have no chance at all :)