Talbot Time Again (now with pics)

Mattitude

Went over to the Talbot River today and the Walleye are already there. Not huge numbers but some big ones. They are about 2 weeks early this year and by next week it should be pretty thick. I took some pics but I can't resize them properly, it's been a while since I've posted pics. If any one has a good program let me know.

Resized_IMG_1857.jpg

Resized_IMG_1872.jpg

Resized_IMG_1873.jpg

Resized_IMG_1874.jpg

Resized_IMG_1876.jpg

Some of the pics look a little different because I was trying to get a polarized effect by holding my sunglasses over the lens. Hope they are ok.

Edited by Mattitude

Went over to the Talbot River today and the Walleye are already there. Not huge numbers but some big ones.

Caught my PB walleye of 16 lbs through the ice there many years ago.

Simcoe grows some huge walleyes! Closing the season on March 15th really will help the population of walleye there.

It is good to see that walleye closes on the 15th now on simcoe. The only time I was out there I was the first on the ice and got a 8.5 pounder and thought I had the mother of all eyes. The last 1/2 hour before dark there had to be 150 people and I easily seen 50 walleye caught and mine was about the smallest !! Seen a cuple guys with a couple of 15 pounders beside them as I was walking in. Cutting the season short should help for sure.

Nice photos! THanks for sharing.

The only thing I wonder is that these huge walleye go and spawn every spring.....but where do their offspring go? Do the pike eat all of them?

If thats the case, I think these walleyes should be put into another lake :P Their genes will create awesome fish that will grow HUGE!