New York State Steelies

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey folks. i'm going to new york for work in mid april. wondering if anybody here fishes the pulaski, ny area for steel and if anybody has a river i could fish. also, any info on licensing would be great too!

This is way back in the day.

Access no problem New York State has right aways along the Salmon.

You need cleats theirs a slime on the rocks that's worst than ice.

Get the phone # for the hydro electric dam, it's a recording that tells you when the waters coming up. Do not make 1 exacter cast or you will learn tap dancing in waders and cleats.

Go north from Pulaski to Port Ontario Hwy 3 and turn right Little Salmon is good fishing.

Allways fall fished so I don't know about runs.

The Black gets large walleye runs.

Garnet

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
thats a trip that i always miss come this time....always a good time

you 'bow fish in pulaski? any of the years you did that trip? any body float fish on treatment? i'm on applications this year.

talk to Pete or Keener...thay may divulge some info for you. Chucky might as well...but good luck witht that...even McAulay might know of some spots. They can be a tight lipped group about fishing and hunting though...but i would ask those guys. Is Sean morrison around....if he is ask him...he would definitly know

Hey Mark

Just above that bridge is were I learned the fat guy can dance just one drift more drift and I can dance.

The Salmon is a big river just break it down to your experience pick a spot that looks like Bowmanville or the credit most of the best fishing is right infront of you. After you get comfortable fire for the middle.

Back in the middle 80's when I was going most rainbows were stocked and noticeably stupid as grass guess why I liked it.

Don't go to the hatchery it just gives you nightmares.

Garnet

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Its a place I frequent. Don't wait too long..its on fire there now. Access is the best around with parking at over 20 named holes. Numerous tackle shops and motels in town.

Heres a recent piece I did on Pulaski.

Salmon River

hey! i read that piece last night. if you have any specific locations i could try it would be awesome. i'm working every day while i'm there so i don't have a ton of time to experiment.

my experience is in fishing the st. mary's rapids and tribs of lake superior predominantly....