Cobourg Fish Lift a go on Good Friday

Ron

The lift ahs been rescheduled for Friday April 10th (Good Friday).

Cobourg Fish lift is happening this weekend. Starting time is 8:30 on Friday April 10th, one day only. Looking for volunteers to help with netting fish, sizing and other statistics with MNR biologists. Handling fish in the pens and releasing up above the dam. It's lots of work but fun doing it.

If you have Chest waders and a large net, bring them along. There will be volunteer forms which have to be filled out in order to participate.

This is a great hands on experience and a great way to spend a morning poaching er I mean catching fish to move above the dam to enhance the fishery.

See you there!

Directions

Edited by Ron

Yep it would be a great way to spend the day Mike.... but unfortunately, Ron, I appear to have a line up of boats coming at various times on Saturday for crack repairs... :wallbash:

I'm sure you'll have no problems finding willing participants.

Edited by irishfield

Unfortunately the lift is cancelled for Saturday. The water is about 12 inches from under the bridge in the golf course. Once I receive the new set date, I will be sure to post it here.

Man I love Mother Nature!

Got to the Cobourg fish lift today.

My first time at this event so I was learning real fast.

On with the waders and into the cold fast water.

Fellow OFC'er Bly was there to my suprise.

Boy she is a real pro handling the current, the fish and the net! :thumbsup_anim:

She is one tough fisherwoman :blink: I gotta tell ya She gets right back in there after taking a spill more than once in the very cold water.

I managed to borrow her net for a while (thanks Bly B) ) as I still have not replaced the one broken from last season.

Got to net a few big fish and move some around by hand. It is amazing to see them power against the current.

She brought her camera and took lots of pics.

Bly handed me her camera and after a quick how too I was off snapping pics.

I even managed a video of her netting a nice 'Bow. B)

Hope it turns out.

Well have to wait 'till she posts 'em ;)

I could not count the people on hand but there were more than enough to lend a helping hand.

Great to give something back.

Nice to see you there Bly you made a great experience today even better!

Thanks to Ron and all the other organizers/volunteers for this memorable event being a success.

I look forward to the next time.

Well it was great to see the turnout! There had to be over 50 volunteers and double the amount of spectators! Many thanks to everyone for participating and that much more who got their "feet wet". Sorry I never met you JBF, I do recall seeing someone taking pics of Carole in the water, that must have been you. It was great chatting with Carole afterwards, you got a great girl Cliff, don't ever release that one back into the water! :)

It was great to see the active youth getting so involved with this, nice to know our future fisherpeople have a hands on experience. I kinda felt sorry for the couple of well guarded kids doing the "Polar Dip". The little buggers though, troopers as it were, back on to shore, drain the waders and right back at it! God love em! ha ha ha

Special thanks to the MNR staff, FMZ 17 advisory council and also the amount of Muskies Canada members who attended.

In total we lifted 204 rainbow trout over the dam so we can call this one a great success! Thanks everyone! I hope to have pictures of todays event later on and post them.

Cheers, Ron...

Well it was great to see the turnout! There had to be over 50 volunteers and double the amount of spectators! Many thanks to everyone for participating and that much more who got their "feet wet". Sorry I never met you JBF, I do recall seeing someone taking pics of Carole in the water, that must have been you. It was great chatting with Carole afterwards, you got a great girl Cliff, don't ever release that one back into the water! :)

It was great to see the active youth getting so involved with this, nice to know our future fisherpeople have a hands on experience. I kinda felt sorry for the couple of well guarded kids doing the "Polar Dip". The little buggers though, troopers as it were, back on to shore, drain the waders and right back at it! God love em! ha ha ha

Special thanks to the MNR staff, FMZ 17 advisory council and also the amount of Muskies Canada members who attended.

In total we lifted 204 rainbow trout over the dam so we can call this one a great success! Thanks everyone! I hope to have pictures of todays event later on and post them.

Cheers, Ron...

I had a great day out there! Full report with pic and video coming soon...