DIALING IN THE STEEL.....

jdmls

The boys and I met up with Kemper at a local haunt this morning come sunrise... As usual there were a few die hards that had bet us to the pool in the dark and were already in prime position on the pool... I shuffled my way down the hill and plugged myself in at the top of the pool next to Kemper... Arriving a good 15 mins prior , he already got his :asshat: whipped by a big freshy and was trying to recover his grenaded rig... I knew this was a good sign of things to come.

By the second drift I had a meen take down and BAM fish on.... It beat me up for a little, then spit the hook and mozzyed its way back into the deep pool... I looked at Brady as he laughed and we both retied our rigs as fast as humanly possible ... We got drifting again and not to long after I hit this solid male waaaay at the top of the pool.

032209-6.jpg

We fished a little while longer , then we agreed today was going to be a Run & Gun day and not 2 seconds later Brady ran up to the next hole... A whole 10 minutes later I get the phone call, LOL and I ran to that hole like a fat kid in a candy store... I walk into Brady battling yet another fish just in time to help him land it

032209-9.jpg

Sweet Hen.....

not 5 drifts later he slams into this buck that whipped him up and down the entire pool... I sat back and laughed watching him get worked by this fish like a little school girl

He finally landed him....

032209-7.jpg

and the release

032209-8.jpg

Next up I slung a pinky in some slack at the front of the pool and not even 2 seconds after hitting the water this fresh smashed it ....

032209-10.jpg

Some great photography by Kemper on this angle SILVERSTREAK , Can I get some kind of kick back for this pic LOL PM me if you want it in high res or something. We just snapped the pick and its funny how everything fell in to place :dunno: ... :worthy: to the Riverwoods !!!

032209-11.jpg

By about 10:30 everything had been pounded pretty hard and the fish had become rather lock jaw .... We walked and fished every possible pool Kemper and I could think of but nothing was on .... We worked are way back down hoping that the fish would turn back on once again come high noon , and we were right... We ran into another little pod of fish that were game.

This big hen really kicked my :asshat: !!!! My current rod doesn't stand a chance on the big freshy's in the fast water, so it took a while to land her.

032209-13.jpg

the release

032209-14.jpg

Brady's only solution to not get his SST3 dirty :clapping: ..I dunno how you balanced the rod with the crazy wind down there...

032209-15.jpg

032209-12.jpg

032209-5.jpg

I can't remember who took this pic but it came out mint...

032209-4.jpg

Seems as if quite a few of these little spunky guys have came in over the last week

032209-3.jpg

032209-2.jpg

032209-1.jpg

Awesome day on the water Bud... Throw up any other pics that we had on your camera.

Thanks guys...

Fish didn't come easy on Sunday, with the 50 + guys down there all fighting for territory we did a ton of treking to find fish .... I'm glad Brady knows that river like the back of his hand, or I wouldn't of hit half the fish I did.... Brady your good c h i t dude !!!!

Edited by JDMLS

Thanks guys...

Fish didn't come easy on Sunday, with the 50 + guys down there all fighting for territory we did a ton of treking to find fish .... I'm glad Brady knows that river like the back of his hand, or I wouldn't of hit half the fish I did.... Brady your good c h i t dude !!!!

What can I say, its what I do :whistling:

You owe me a day of slamming on Duffins, that flow is beyond me...

Great weekend dude