Digital Predator Calls

Big Cliff

stay far away from the phantom brands. the old man has one and it was expensive and so are the sound cards...plus it sounds like crap!

i use a johnny stewart preymaster and it works great. $200 for the wireless version and sound cards can be picked up for as low as $10 each and you can get deer, predator, crow and turkey i believe. while using this call ive called in crows, hawks, owls, fox, coyotes, dogs, cats, deer, turkey, coons, and pretty much everything else in the bush around here :D no complaints from me and battery life is good too.

foxpro calls are quite a bit more money (newest is $600?) but have the best reputation amongst professional predator hunters. they are wireless and you can hookup a decoy to move when you start calling. great units but simply too much money for the average hunter.

they are also great for teaching you what sounds to make with hand calls ;)

They are illegal for turkey.

You are allowed to use them for Deer and Moose.

The Johnny Stewart ones are great, as ch312 stated.

I just recently started using them for predators, anything from an injured jack or cottontail...however...I bought some new hand calls for the rabbits and they are absolutely amazing.

If I had the extra money laying around, I'd buy the Johnny Stewart.

This isn't for hunting, she is a photographer and just wants to photograph them. I don't believe that is a problem but please correct me if I am wrong.

I think I am going to try to get her into BPS as they seem to have a good selection.

Thanks for the input and replies!