Whats up with the Habs

holdfast

holdfast, I do not know what color the sky is in your world but please one day let us know. I have never seen anyone as negative as you on life in general. Hopefully someday you will be able to put behind all that bothers you and see life in a much more positive way.

Holdfast isn't far off. I'm a bit young for Pollocks days as gm but the habs play a weak style of hockey. We saw it last year in the playoffs and they are showing their true colours now. They have no size and no heart. The only reason they won a few games earlier in the season is their goaltending and now look where that is. They have a lot of work to do this offseason and some big decisions to make.

I dunno what's wrong but it even has the Owner wanting to sell!

This just in...

"Montreal Canadiens owner George Gillett is considering putting the team up for sale, La Presse reported on Monday. Citing Canadiens president Pierre Boivin as its source, the Montreal newspaper reports that Gillett has hired BMO Capital Markets to examine the American businessman's options for selling his various assets, including the NHL team and its arena, the Bell Centre."

Goaltending...Goaltending...Goaltending!!!

This is Price's first full year in the league and they are expecting him to be a saviour! When...in all seriousness...has he showed the skill, and poise to be a bona fide starter in the league??? Last year in the playoffs, he wasnt even that good.

He is still green and its not fair to him that he has been thrown in a hockey mad town like Montreal with all the pressure of there 100 yr anniversary to win the cup. Halak as well....to young and inexpeirenced, yes they are gaining expeirence, but the Canadians should have an older tender there to help them along.

Simply, you can't teach heart! I watched the game Saturday night, Montreal had no heart and no desire to fight for what they wanted.

Kovalev does not seem interested in going past, playing through the motions and as we have seen in the past, how Kovalev goes, so goes the Habs.

No heart, no wins!

HH

, I think our ( Canadian) style of Hockey is good the way it used to be. I hate it when Politicians and media always got to say that everybody else is better than us and give us some stupid European example. Nothing wrong with the way we were brought up before the Sensitive 80s.

Amen brother...Amen

Simply, you can't teach heart

I used to feel this way about the leafs as well...

Sure Sundin could score, but could he ralley his troops, or just appear to care for more then one or two games in a row?

Just sub Koivu in for Sundin and I think you'll find the same equasion.

Yup IMO thats it in a nutshell.

Not enough heart, not enough character, not enough strength.

They got some fancy hands, and speed, but I tell you what...the Puck is not going in the net when the players are easily forced outside, or laying on the ice.

The team is just plain deflated, demotivated, battered, bruised, and uneffective right now.

Put them into a hard hitting playoff series and they will crumble.

The Canadiens were doing well until the Kostisyn brothers and Kovalev were linked with bikers or mob people or something, that is when it started taking a turn for the worse.

Wrong, Wrong. And Double Wrong O

They started the plunge when they got close to the Western Road Trip. Im sure there were alot of legs and stomachs shaking when it was evident that they had to play the Big Bad Western Old Style Canadian Hit em grind em Hockey teams. Sure enough they lost all thir games except one close one. Im telling ya the teams thought they won the bingo game knowing the Canadians were coming to their rink. The brothers you speak of and Hammer -Licks other guys tushes, needed some courage in the form of white snow.

Amen brother...Amen

I used to feel this way about the leafs as well...

Sure Sundin could score, but could he ralley his troops, or just appear to care for more then one or two games in a row?

Just sub Koivu in for Sundin and I think you'll find the same equasion.

Yup IMO thats it in a nutshell.

Not enough heart, not enough character, not enough strength.

They got some fancy hands, and speed, but I tell you what...the Puck is not going in the net when the players are easily forced outside, or laying on the ice.

The team is just plain deflated, demotivated, battered, bruised, and uneffective right now.

Put them into a hard hitting playoff series and they will crumble.

People who say things like this about Koivu clearly just don't know...

The guy came over as a 5' 10" kid from Finland. He had played no "North American Style" hockey at that point. His first training camp they had to tell him to stop hitting his teammates so hard. He skipped playing in the AHL and made the big club. By his 3rd (?) season he was wearing the C.

The year he missed the season because of cancer he came back to help them clinch a playoff spot. They came from behind (3-1) to beat a powerhouse Boston squad in 7 (the Bruins had Guerin and Thornton that year, and were favourites to possibly win the cup). Anyone who says Koivu lacks leadership or can't "rally the troops" needs to find a copy of this series and watch it. Seriously.

Edited by Northhunter

The guy came over as a 5' 10" kid from Finland. His first training camp they had to tell him to stop hitting his teammates so hard.

The year he missed the season because of cancer he came back to help them clinch a playoff spot. They came from behind (3-1) to beat a powerhouse Boston squad in 7 (the Bruins had Guerin and Thornton that year, and were favourites to possibly win the cup). Anyone who says Koivu lacks leadership or can't "rally the troops" needs to find a copy of this series and watch it. Seriously.

I've seen the series and if I recall Theodore was amazing, Hart Trophy amazing. I do respect Koivu for what he did then, overcoming cancer and playing in the NHL is really an amazing feat. But like in all pro sports this question needs to be asked.

I've seen the series and if I recall Theodore was amazing, Hart Trophy amazing. I do respect Koivu for what he did then, overcoming cancer and playing in the NHL is really an amazing feat. But like in all pro sports this question needs to be asked.

We'll see him down the stretch and in the playoffs. 3 pts in his last 2 and 9pts in 7 playoff games last year. Too bad Price kinda fell apart then too.

The guy came over as a 5' 10" kid from Finland. He had played no "North American Style" hockey at that point. His first training camp they had to tell him to stop hitting his teammates so hard. He skipped playing in the AHL and made the big club. By his 3rd (?) season he was wearing the C.

Sure he's had moments...same as Sundun

But he lacks the follow through, and consistency.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for him(mainly his determination)

But he's not a leader, and neither was Sundin.

Both had the fancy hands, but both can sulk with the best of 'em, and can take a mean dive on occasion too....

Thats not a leadership qualtiy IMO.

Great players to have on your roster for sure, but not with the big C ontheir chest.

But hey we'll see....Thats the beauty of Sports!

We can see how it goes week to week!

I'm a Leaf fan, but all Montreal has to do is win half the remaining games and there in unless Buffalo wins like 7 outta 9.

Actually I hope Montreal loses all their games and Stink Badly. Just Maybe, just Maybe. They can totally revamp their team and start over again as Im sick and tired of the same ole garbage Iv witnessed, well, since they traded Chelios for Savard. Saku became Captain, and they lost interest in obtaining Canadian players outside of Quebec.

Sure he's had moments...same as Sundun

But he lacks the follow through, and consistency.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for him(mainly his determination)

But he's not a leader, and neither was Sundin.

Both had the fancy hands, but both can sulk with the best of 'em, and can take a mean dive on occasion too....

Thats not a leadership qualtiy IMO.

Great players to have on your roster for sure, but not with the big C ontheir chest.

But hey we'll see....Thats the beauty of Sports!

We can see how it goes week to week!

Saks with the game winner tonight :whistling:

He is definitely a leader. Just doesn't always show on the boxscore. Some people get the impression he is inconsistent... but 13 years in the league take their toll when you're playing as the top line centre at 5' 10". He's had surgery on both knees. If he played all out 82 games he'd be damaged goods by the time it meant anything.

In '06-'07 the team was on the bubble, missed the playoffs with a loss against Toronto in the last game of the year. He put up the best point totals of his career, despite playing a defensive style with a blind spot caused by a stick to the eye against the Canes in the previous playoffs (the team folded like a cheap tent once he got taken out).

Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree on the leadership, but if you took Sundin's size/build and Koivu's competitiveness you'd have one hell of a player.

unless Buffalo wins like 7 outta 9.

Miller is back in tonight for the first time in a long time. Im not getting excited though as Buffalo has been on a rollercoaster all year, faced with must win games the last few weeks and havent responded at all. Getting the 1st string goalie back might have been a good thing midseason when theres time left to get him back in game shape, but with 9 (?) games left, putitng him in and hoping hes gonna pick it right up and save the season, i dont think so, and with this team, theres no breath holding going on.