3/17/09 pics! w/ Boat Launch Bozo's!!!

Greencoachdog

Ah man, you throw back crappie, that's just not right. I'd love a mess the size of those beauties!

Filet 'em, flash freeze 'em and express ship them to me. ;)

... and murder my pets???... I don't think so!!! :angry:

Actually, they're full of eggs... I may keep a few after they spawn out. :P

limeyangler Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Nice crappie dawg....

Oh dear....i feel a bit ashamed....i'm still pretty useless at launching/retrieving the boat at the launch....that sounds like me a bit....ecept my wife is not as large as the lady you described!

Efficiency at the boat ramp only matters if it's crowded Simon... I don't think y'all have that problem up there, do you?

holdfast Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Funny report on the The Boat launch Bozos

Beauty Crappie. Yea and I know how it feels to get a big hit when there are possible huge Cats around. Excitement at its finest.

It was funny, I had to bite my tongue so hard at time to keep from laughing, I had blood squirting out of my eyeballs and flames shooting out of my :asshat:

ccmt Posted Yesterday, 12:01 PM

LOL...love the boat launch bozo series. Cant wait for the next one....as long as I'm not the subject!!!

I don't run the camera at the launch so as not to embarass anyone any more than they already are.

... but for you... I'll make an exception! ;)

Thanks for the kind words y'all!!! B)

Great report and pics Glen :thumbsup_anim:

....I had 6 or 7 dozen minnows, and needed every one of them!!!
:w00t: :w00t:

Got to love it when the bite is on!!! I remember going through the same amount of minnows on ice last year.... but tell me, how many rods are you allowed in the water??

That 14"er is a real nice slab :thumbsup_anim: and that cat too!! Congratulations :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Actually, they're full of eggs... I may keep a few after they spawn out. :P

Okay, that makes sense. Very conservation minded of you Glen or perhaps it's selfishness? Are you hoping to eat all the offspring once harvestable. :w00t:

Okay, that makes sense. Very conservation minded of you Glen or perhaps it's selfishness? Are you hoping to eat all the offspring once harvestable. :w00t:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Crappie offspring!!!... nom nom nom!!! :P

Leechman Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Great report and pics Glen

Got to love it when the bite is on!!! I remember going through the same amount of minnows on ice last year.... but tell me, how many rods are you allowed in the water??

The lake I fish most of the time (Neely Henry) has a 3 rod limit, the lake right above it (Lake Weiss) on the same river chain also has a 3 rod limit. These are the only 2 lakes in the State of Alabama that have a limit on the number of rods you can fish with. You can use as many rods as you want on all the other lakes... you could use 100 or more if you wanted to!!!

I really like the 3 rod limit on lake Henry! It reduces traffic and fishing pressure from the Spider Rig Crappie fishermen!

They rig their boats with 10-15 rods per person and do the slow troll method.

Here's a guy that fishes 16 rods by himself:

100_1714.jpg

100_1692.jpg

This is completely leagal down here except for the 2 lakes I mentioned.

The lake I fish most of the time (Neely Henry) has a 3 rod limit, the lake right above it (Lake Weiss) on the same river chain also has a 3 rod limit. These are the only 2 lakes in the State of Alabama that have a limit on the number of rods you can fish with. You can use as many rods as you want on all the other lakes... you could use 100 or more if you wanted to!!!

I really like the 3 rod limit on lake Henry! It reduces traffic and fishing pressure from the Spider Rig Crappie fishermen!

They rig their boats with 10-15 rods per person and do the slow troll method.

Here's a guy that fishes 16 rods by himself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/gre...og/100_1714.jpg

100_1692.jpg

This is completely leagal down here except for the 2 lakes I mentioned.

Thanks Glen for the info :thumbsup_anim: 3 rod limit is good and certainly don't need more than that!!

I understand now why you gone through 6 - 7 dozens :w00t: Man must be chaotic at times when all 3 rods get a hit and you're by yourself!!

Wish we had the same regulations up here on some of the lakes we target.... ah well, that's why I love fishing on hard water.... can use 5 but sometimes expensive on the live bait :whistling:

Jacques

Thanks Glen for the info :thumbsup_anim: 3 rod limit is good and certainly don't need more than that!!

I understand now why you gone through 6 - 7 dozens :w00t: Man must be chaotic at times when all 3 rods get a hit and you're by yourself!!

Wish we had the same regulations up here on some of the lakes we target.... ah well, that's why I love fishing on hard water.... can use 5 but sometimes expensive on the live bait :whistling:

Jacques

Minnows are cheaper down here Jacques, $1.25 a dozen and they don't count them out. They use a small can to dip them out of the net with and it's usually 18 or 20 to the can.

WOW - Nice Crappie!

Im a bit jealous simply because we wont see those water temps for another 2 months. I see you must be fishing in Alabama.

Yes, central Alabama.

The water has warmed up nicely, no longer freezing cold when you wash the Catfish slime off of your hands.

The Crappie should be "doing the nasty" in anothe week or two, they usually spawn down here when the water hits the 62*F range. :wub: