Closing Weekend Simcoe Wrap-up

steverowbotham

Well, it has been a wonderful ice fishing season, probably my best yet!

With the help of troutguy and some refined techniques of my own, we put a pounding on the lakers and whities this year. No true brutes, but the numbers were incredible.

The season couldnt have ended on a better note. I had three full days of ice fishing in BEAUTIFUL weather with wonderful company.

On Friday I hooked up with troutguy and a few other board members for a day out on the north shore. It was the first time this year that we had a decent morning bite and I landed 3 scrappy lakers before 10am, Ryan had 4 I think.

Around this time, my dad came out to meet us and we hooked him up with a one man hut and he put a pounding on the lakers, landing 4 over the next 2 hours, while Ryan and I struggled. He left earlier than us, but we ended up with 18 lakers between the 3 of us... Ryan landed 7, I landed 7 and my dad got 4. Pretty much every fish was the same size.

100_1598.jpg

100_1601.jpg

100_1603.jpg

100_1596.jpg

Saturday, we had a pretty tough day out there. Fishing was very slow in the morning, and we moved out deep to look for the whities. Dan landed 4 on the bad boyz, I landed 1 and lost a few, Ryan landed a laker and we moved back in shallower. We caught a couple more lakers between us, and called it a day. Beautiful weather, but the fishing was slow! The ice was making a lot of noise by the afternoon. I didnt get any pics today.

Sunday we had a good little group out there. Cal, Ian and Brett made the drive up from Lindsay to meet up with Kelli, Ryan, Dan, Weescott and I. We made the hike back out to our whitefish grounds and it was DEAD. Had a few followers and lost 1 fish, that was it.

We walked back in shallower after getting a text from Ryan who went in earlier. We moved in and started getting into fish. Cal was up first and landed a nice laker. I landed 3 lakers and 1 whitefish (on 3lbs test). Kelli lost a nice whitie at the hole (kinda my fault), and she landed a nice laker. Brett landed a whitie and .... well lets just say pretty much everyone got into fish! Ryan landed a beauty to end the season!

100_1623.jpg

100_1629.jpg

100_1624.jpg

100_1626.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1616.jpg

Thats ending the season with a BANG

Edited by steverowbotham