LINE

ERB

If the water is clear go with a clear mono or fluorocarbon, if there is a slight discoloration in the water use the green lines. Also if you are fishing day time in a clear lake go with the clear line, if night then it does not matter as much.

I on the other hand use clear mono and braid...none of that expensive fluorocarbon crap ;)

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Ive got one jigging stick and tip up rigged up with a 6 foot flourocarbon leader on the end. I also have a tip up and a jigging stick that has 20lb cheap redwolf line and they all catch equal amounts of fish.

You will never know till you try, but i bet that will work just fine.

when I use trilene, I ALWAYS stick with the lo-vis green. For some reason the clear stuff seems to have more memory and is harder.

Maybe the clear stuff I got was a bad batch, but now I have the most confidence with lo-vis green no matter when/where

Edited by EC1

Can't say I've changed line colour much with ice fishing, but in the summer while bottom bouncing for walleye on the St. Lawrence; low visibility Green put the clear stuff to shame. Rigs were exactly the same except for the line, and the green out-fished the other stuff probably 3:1. Have switched over to fireline crystal though, and that seems to be pretty equal to the green, so maybe it wasn't as much of a factor as we initially thought.