2 half days fishing

limeyangler

Hi all,

got out for 2 half days yesterday evening and this morning. Not the greatest fishing ever, but just glad to get out of the house!

HEADED OUT AND FOUND A GROOMED TRAIL TO A SPOT I"D CAUGHT NICE 26" WALLEYE IN THE SUMMER

SOMEONE ELSE ALSO THOUGHT THIS A GOOD SPOT, THEY DRAGGED THEIR SHACK OVER 6 MILES TO PUT IT THERE

th2.jpg

IT WAS A BEUTIFUL AFTERNOON, I SET UP AND WAITED....AND WAITED.............NOT EVEN A FISH ON SCREEN FOR 2 HOURS!

th3.jpg

I WAS ACTUALLY PACKING UP TO LEAVE WHEN MY OTHER LINE WENT, GOT THIS LITTLE GUY

th4.jpg

THEN I WAITED FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER THE PIKE THATR GOT ME TO STAY....WATCHED THE SUN SLOWLY SINKING, ANTICIPATING BIG WALLEYE

th5.jpg

I MOVED OVER ABOUT 50 YARDS TO A HOLE IN BEHIND A ROCK I KNEW WAS THERE FROM TROLLING IN MY BOAT, AND THERE WERE SOME WALLEYE HIDING IN THERE! NOT BIG BUT BETTER THAN I HAVE BEEN CATCHING ON WABIGOON ALL WINTER

th6.jpg

th7.jpg

th8.jpg

IT WENT QUIET FOR TWENTY MINUTES, THEN I GOT MY FIRST WABIGOON WHITEFISH IN JUST OVER 7 FEET OF WATER ON A GLOW JIG AND MINNOW. A REAL FATTY

th9.jpg

th10.jpg

After that little excursion I was itching to get out again so took off early in the morning across Lake Wabigoon from the house to Thunder Lake for some trout fishing, really nice weather we had this weekend, not a cloud in the sky yesterday and today, no wind either! perfect for buzzin about the lakes.

SET OFF FROM THE HOUSE EARLY, A BIT CRISP OUT, BUT ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY

STUNNING MORNING ON THUNDER LAKE, AND IT WAS WARMING UP A BIT, BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT ENOUGH TO BE OUTSIDE THE SHELTER AT 9AM

th12.jpg

WAS MARKING LOTS OF BAITFISH, AND SOME ACTIVITY ON THE BOTTOM IN 43 FOW, STARTED OFF WITH ONLY MY 3RD EVER THUNDER LAKE WALLEYE

AFTER THAT I GOT INTO A SMALLER TROUT AFTER A BIG ONE CAUGHT THE BOTTOM OF THE ICE AND I WATCHED IT SWIM AWAY

th14.jpg

I MISSED ANOTHER 2 DECENT ONES, THEN GOT THIS WEE BABY TROUT

THEN SOME WALLEYE CAME THROUGH ON THE BOTTOM, REALLY DIFFICULT TO GET THEM TO BITE, BUT GOT ANOTHER IN THE END

That was it , packed up soon after that walleye and headed home, great few hours over the weekend.

Great report, videos and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Real happy that you were able to get out of the house for some quality time fishing :thumbsup_anim:

Been a long time coming and certainly haven't lost your touch on hooking into some fine specimens..... congratulations on your first Wabigoon whitie :clapping: real beauty :thumbsup_anim:

I know that the baby is due any day now and want to wish you and your wife the best of luck!!

Thanks for sharing that wonderful moment with us.... loved it!!

Jacques

Great stuff Simon!!!!

Thanks, but i dont think its as great as jumping in my own plane and taking my pick of the lakes....lol....you gotta drop by my house with that toy of yours and take me fishing, damn we could get into some god lakes!

Real happy that you were able to get out of the house for some quality time fishing

Thanks Jacques, i have to admit that once again it was you that i have to blame, your reply to my post the other day asking for pics/vids really got me out the door, thanks bud! and thanks for your well wishes for baby Limey.

That is some fun fishing you are having up there.

yup, i'm really enjoying being mobile this winter, was mobile last winter.....dragging my @#$# around on my pink plastic sleigh, but the snowmobile is an awesome piece of fishing tackle!

Edited by limeyangler