Sleddin' Deathh

musky66

My son and a few friends are at Haliburton Highlands for the weekend- he called yesterday to say a friends son of his girlfriends Uncle- ran off the trail and was killed by hitting a tree- air lifted out but to no avail. This is the second serious injury my son has witnessed this season- one on Simcoe- the Cook bay racetrack, where a fellow lost it on a Yamaha RX 1, and now this- Pretty sure it keeps him a better rider knowing how quickly a wonderful sport can turn deadly. My condolences to the family of the poor lad in Haliburton. Too many things to end sweet life out there.

darsky Posted Today, 09:35 AM

who says recklessness and carelessness were factors? Why comment like that?

This is the portin of the main post I was replying to!

This is the second serious injury my son has witnessed this season- one on Simcoe- the Cook bay racetrack, where a fellow lost it on a Yamaha RX 1, and now this- Pretty sure it keeps him a better rider knowing how quickly a wonderful sport can turn deadly. Too many things to end sweet life out there.

I wouldn't say that...

A moment of not paying attention can have very bad effects.

You can be paying attention and still have an accident.

That's why they're called accidents.

Three years ago my friend was riding (not fast and not carelessly) and due to flat light accidentally drove his sled off a 30 foot cliff!!! He ended up with a broken hip and ribs as well as other injuries, but could have just as easily died in the accident. Even riding 20 mph I have had issues with flat light and not being able to see dip and bumps that could easily cause a person to get kicked off the trail.