Couple of hours on L. Ontario

ehg

Love your Winter Lake Ont reports ...but i do think your a little Crazy going out in 32deg water temps with no Survival Life Jaket on ..not that it will save your life but atleast they will find you ....

Having done similar reports for last 5 years or so; this is the first one that has brought up a question of safety.

:thumbsup_anim: I applaud that because these posts are done with trepidation. I wouldn't encourage anyone to try this,

but just like catching fish and posting pics of adventure.

Thanks aniceguy!

All the replies have been great.

ehg

awesome job guys , great pics.

don"t want to jump on the bandwagon but put some serious thought to at the very least PFDS worn properly.

At 50 plus trips you may be pushing the odds.

Floater suits less thna $200 !

And it appears there are some people that care about you .

Now get back out there and catch some more fish for us that don't have fortitude to do it ! LOL

TB

awesome job guys , great pics.

don"t want to jump on the bandwagon but put some serious thought to at the very least PFDS worn properly.

At 50 plus trips you may be pushing the odds.

Floater suits less thna $200 !

And it appears there are some people that care about you .

Now get back out there and catch some more fish for us that don't have fortitude to do it ! LOL

TB

Wow, more concern! I think this is similar to people driving thier vehicle out onto Simcoe to the whitie grounds.

There is a risk involved but some have experience and do it quite often. We always try to stay close to shore as seen in pics.

Wow, more concern! I think this is similar to people driving thier vehicle out onto Simcoe to the whitie grounds.

There is a risk involved but some have experience and do it quite often. We always try to stay close to shore as seen in pics.

Take it as a compliment ! Not bashing you guys.

Also similar to fishing big water alone ( Gbay ,which I do ) PFD stays on , destination and return times confirmed , weather forecasts checked , Cell phone charged ( Marine radio is planned for this year) GPS , etc.

But still a risk , just try and eliminate the things you can.

TB

I would like to get a new PFD suit. In fact I will look into craiglist, and buy n sell, but then I think I saw one for $200 at Tightlines in Pickering.

BTW, Im not sure why Im always lippin the fish, I think if I have a good control of the head without hurtin the fish it makes for easy release. Oh and gloves are a necessity for that.