Fisherman's Glue

diggyj

I use plain old Krazy Glue when I tie a flourocarbon leader onto braid.

I use just a dab after tying shock leader knot and burning a bead on the flourocarbon tag end.

Never had one come apart.

Can pull the boat around with it when your stuck on bottom :P

Just got a small container of the repair "glue" for soft plastic baits at the spring fishing show from Bass Magnet Lures.

Will be interesting to see how that works.

Go through a lot of soft plastics in the summer.

Grant, I am pretty dang sure that you have the sickness, the one that only more fishing will cure.

As for knots, if they need glue they shouldn't be called knots.

Edited by douG

Grant, I am pretty dang sure that you have the sickness, the one that only more fishing will cure.

As for knots, if they need glue they shouldn't be called knots.

Doug,

Agreed.

The end of next week looks good.............

Glue?? no..... never have and don't think ever will.... the only thing I will do to any type of line is burn the tag end after the knot is tied and this is not all the time.... UNI knot for me is what I use and it's one tough knot :thumbsup_anim:

I only use it when I connect my leader to my main line (back to back Uni Knot). Just a dab with a toothpick and any dollar store superglue will do. When you tie directly to a hook or a lure, you don't really need glue. Just learn to tie a proper knot. (palomar, trilene, uni etc.)

Dirk you asked a good Q,don't mind the funnies.Sup glue is great for reducing your plastics loss,the heads of the baits don't get ripped on hook shoulders as easy when you glue em,and it's good insurance to glue braided knots,palomar+glue=never fail