Hooked With Kurpa

muskeybugged

I never thought much of this guy's show until I caught it on the new HD channel offered by rogers "Oasis" ( Oasis is a all nature channel that comes in pack of 4 new channels that are a free preview until March 31st CH. 547-550 on the rogers box). A decent show in standard def - with most of the shows shot in remote locals - HD makes his show feel like your there with his narratives. A bit of an odd ball with his antics, but worth checking out if you have not already. He also puts some good specimens in the boat.

Love the Mercer HD show on the Score also! :thumbsup_anim:

Good to see fishing shows crossing into HD is becoming the norm.

P

Yeah, Hooked is a good show.. I enjoy it.. I just wish there were more episodes.. I swear, I've seen the same 6 episodes for the last year..

As for fishing in HD.. it's a treat.. I wish they would bring the WFN HD to Rogers and Bell.. High Definition is the way to go.. especially for outdoor programming and sports..

Agreed, Marks show is really well filmed - more of a nature documentary than a fishing show and I also wish there were more episodes. There's a few other fishing shows that I'd love to see in HD (and that I know are filmed in it). Time to pester rogers for WFN HD I guess.

Agreed, Marks show is really well filmed - more of a nature documentary than a fishing show and I also wish there were more episodes. There's a few other fishing shows that I'd love to see in HD (and that I know are filmed in it). Time to pester rogers for WFN HD I guess.

:clapping::thumbsup_anim: i agree

Add me to the list as well. I've been watching Mark in HD on Oasis for a few years now. Yes, those same 6 shows over and over. And you know what? Even though I've seen them all before, I watch them every chance I get. The HD is amazing. Mark is an entertaining host. He doesn't try to teach at all, which I like very much. I also like his species of choice and the places that he travels to. I've been to a few of his show locations myself. My favorite show of his is the Minipi River Brook Trout adventure. Probably the best Brook Trout fishing show that I've ever watched.

Marks's show us pretty neat and he's a neat kind of a guy. He's an actor, a photographer, a fisherman and runs a production company.

I had supper last year with friends in MOntreal and he was a guest there also, keep us regaled all evening with his stories.

I asked him about his show and he hasn't been able to make any new ones as he was all involved in a childrens show. We talked about his show and he asked me what the difference between his show and many of the others????? I replied quickly and correctly, " No product placement" He was pleased that I was able to see that and be aware of that part of his shows. And that's the truth, he never mentions products, pumps the lodge or accomodations, but that's business.

Just my thoughts on Marks' show - I enjoy them all.

David aka Superdad

PS Watch the fishing magazines and see how many of his pictures you come across - you'll see his talents.

Yep, he is a great writer, photographer...sometimes I start to roll my eyes with the narratives/antics on the show, but I rarely turn it off, because he's engaging, and his passion really shows through. Oh yeah...he catches some seriously nice fish, too! Thanks for the heads-up on the free preview, Muskybugged :D

Edited by johnnyb