Anyone use stubhub.com

Drew_10

Ebay owns stub hub. Ticketmaster owns Tickets now. Ticketmaster sued stubhub for scalping. Ticketmaster supplies ticketsnow with there scalped tickets and is currently trying to loosen scalping laws so they can go full bore at it.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2008/07/0...r-scalping.html

Ticketmaster are a bunch of thieves. And everybody thought Eddy Vedder was crazy.lol.

Stub hub is at least a resale of tickets from season ticket holders.

Stub Hub is a better option than Tickets Now.

Cheers.

Congrats on going to the 500!!!!

You must be stoked

Have used stub hub twice and have been very satisfied! You're clearly okay with paying inflated prices and that's the only knock on them I can see so you should be happy!. I'd bet though if you're willing to take the chance considering the economy and all....there may be better deals to be had via scalpers near the event. Have a blast!

I personally haven't used them, but my boss has for Detroit red wings tickets.

I was going to purchase Stanley cup tickets from them and found they were very expensive. and on top of it all you have to pay a rediculous service charge. I forget what it is... But i think when i wanted to buy the playoff tix... it was something like $60-75 just in charges ! that was for 2 tickets.

I dont know where abouts the "stubhub" office is located in Daytona ( im pressuming thats what you mean by the 500 ) but i know in detroit its located on a NO PARKING ONE WAY street in downtown detroit... so once you buy the tickets... its a challenge to pick them up. you pretty well have to have someone drive around the block while your inside to avoid a parking ticket !

Again, Im sure its probably a different case in daytona, but who knows.

I've had very good luck with Ebay buying tickets. Ive purchased 4 sets of NHL tickets to BIG games, and always had good luck.... Hope this helped a bit

I have used it before...paid $150 for $20 tickets, the ad said tickets were at face value. found this out after i got the tickets. I got the tickets and they were good, but they were mailed to me. Gotta watch just like anywhere....scalpers are vultures and will prey on you! but I don't know about picking up at the location. I think stub hub has a security insurance in case you get ripped off...but good luck getting anything from them. Just like an insurance company they will probably give you the run around.

Edited by charlied