O/T Canada, a better plan?

OhioFisherman

Guest skeeter99

yep canada is not in half as bad shape as other countries

actually right now we have the best banking system in the world and is being used as a model

the trick is "GOVERNMENT REGULATION"

clinton got rid of it during his time and bush endorsed it and the stock brokers took us to the cleaners

right now they are sitting on a carribean island they bought sipping on a margarita laughing at us all

We haven't seen nothing yet :whistling: . As long as the media and government politicians keep lying to us :blahblah1: , were going down big time. Oil going up, gas went up. Oil going down, gas still going up. Who's lying to who :spam: . Lets buy foreign, save the country's jobs. Buy 4 cylinder foreign cars and stay in the back yard. What are you going to pull with a 4 cylinder piss pot. Tourism going to be hit big time :unsure: Know one buying large vehicles because of the gas prices. Scared to buy because when you do they but the gas back up and your stuck. At $ 4.00 a gallon they say were getting a deal :wallbash: Buy Canadian, if you can find anything. Man I hope we don't lose our health care, my blood pressure is going up :oops:

I agree, government regulation is like having more cops on the street, better to prevent a crime than to try and clean up after it.

Fish, don`t know if you heard any of the Prez`s talks from Elkhart Indiana. Elkhart is the RV capital of the USA, possibly the world. Un-employment went from like 4.5% to over 14% in one year. Tourism is going to be affected, especially US tourists. Most of the freight I picked up when I was still working (truck driver) go to Elkhart was either RV or auto industry related.

RV dealer down the road from me looks like a ghost town, lots of RVs but no buyers. Seeing more and more used ones for sale in front yards. Boating industry has also been hit hard, and we all know about the auto industry, foreign and domestic.

I will be 58 this summer, malls have announced here they are cutting hours of operation due to lack of business, first time I have heard of them doing that.

Gas is going to go back up, maybe not soon with this economic situation going on now, but more people using it and supplies diminishing.

Blame? Politicians certainly, they live in a bubble surrounded by lobbyists and back slappers. The news media? if you can sort through the noise they make it helps to be informed?

What's understated in that article is that we have just 5 major banks. The US has hundreds (thousands?) of banks. Much easier to regulate 5, and you know they're goign to be more careful. When you're one of a few hundred or thousand i assume you're more willing to get overly aggressive to win a piece of the pie.