Gotta love going fishing twice in one day!

limeyangler

Hey Y'all,

On return from my couple hours trout fishing this morning, i noticed that Bruce (from an ice fishing forum ) was in his ice shack on the ice road from town. I stopped in to say hi, and decided to join him for the evening bite(walleye).

BRUCE'S SHACK ON WABIGOON ICE ROAD

IMG_2717.jpg

Got there about 3pm, nothing happening. We chatted and i spent most of the first hour explaining the ins and outs of my Lowrance to the guy in the next shack over.....he's gonna buy one now....lol.

Around 4pm the fish started to show. But just like in front of our house which is the next bay over, all the fish showing were tiny. It wasn't till about 4:30 for my first proper bite....a nice fat 30" pike on my lightest rod....did not think i would get it out the hole....but did.

THE OFC CARD GOT SLIMED AND RIPPED >>>>HOPE THIS STILL COUNTS.

IMG_2715.jpg

After that it was non stop tiny walleye for me, Bruce got a couple of nibbles but could not hook 'em. I was laughing cuz i could see Bruce's face pressed up against his plexiglass windows watchin me run from hole to hole........he finally took the window out to say hi.

STRANGE MAN WATCHING ME(just kiddin' Bruce)

IMG_2720.jpg

ALL THE WALLEYE WERE TINY

IMG_2719.jpg

I did notice that Lew....also from the icefishing forum was 10 shacks up the road with his brother in-law....i kept yelling over but he could not here me. So when we packed up we headed over to say hi, Bruce used to work with Lew....small town dontchya know :) .

Lew had a decent eater walleye....and a WHITEFISH!!!! I'd heard there were whitefish from some people, and others said there weren't ....as wabigoon is too shallow, even heard there were untill a hot summer 30 years ago killed them all....well there was the proof....they are still in there.

LEW WAS OUT TOO

IMG_2721.jpg

LEW HAD A COUPLE OF NICE WALLEYE AND A WHITEFISH

IMG_2722.jpg

Great report and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Man this is like the energizer bunny :lol: just never seem to end... keeps on going and going.... :lol: j/k

Where the shack was, is it from the ice road that you posted a video of a while back?

cause if it was..... definitely told ya to join them locals for some eye action :lol:

You sure had a great day today hooking into lakers and eyes, congratulations again :clapping:

Job well done

Jacques

Great report and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Man this is like the energizer bunny :lol: just never seem to end... keeps on going and going.... :lol: j/k

Where the shack was, is it from the ice road that you posted a video of a while back?

cause if it was..... definitely told ya to join them locals for some eye action :lol:

You sure had a great day today hooking into lakers and eyes, congratulations again :clapping:

Job well done

Jacques

Yeah Jacques...it is that ice road from the video a while back....but the only reason all those people are there is because its convenient....nobody has had anything over 17" all winter from what i've heard. The other end of Wabigoon Lake is much better in winter, but even then the bite is very much hit or miss....the reason why i spend so much time going for trout...the way i look at it....if i'm gonna wait a couple hours for a fish....i want it to peel line....lol.

Sorry Limey,

Slimed signage disqualifies your catch.

Read the rules.

Section 8:1:6, states:

"Her majesties spies are not allowed to enter slimed signage in any North American competitions, particularly, when they live in a great place and fish twice a day or 28 times per fortnight"

It's an old rule that I've lobbied to get rid of.

Sorry man.

Bullocks

:dunno:

Sorry Limey,

Slimed signage disqualifies your catch.

Read the rules.

Section 8:1:6, states:

"Her majesties spies are not allowed to enter slimed signage in any North American competitions, particularly, when they live in a great place and fish twice a day or 28 times per fortnight"

It's an old rule that I've lobbied to get rid of.

Sorry man.

Bullocks

:dunno:

I'm ok then...i was demoted and now just a lowly civil servant with the foreign office :thumbsup_anim:

As soon as I saw the title I knew it was another Limey post :lol: Good job...next time methinks you should be running from hole to hole outside Lew's hut :whistling: Looks pretty frosty out there too, from the dream-like resolution on the camera!

Keep the reports coming :thumbsup_anim:

Blimey thay's a nice pike Limey. Don't take Snag too seriously. He's one of those "Taranna" types. It's all that foul air they breath in.

Where's Beamsville?

I can't find it on a map :dunno:

One of the worst cases of Pike Envy I've ever seen... disgusting!!! :ph34r:

Big deal,

So I'm a little jealous! :angry: