temagami

walleyemaster

Well its getting closer 3 more sleepies and im in temagami...sled is gassed up, tackle is in check, sleeping bag and clothes are ready...truck inspected by shop...all i need now is to catch some fish...CANT WAIT...p.s yes beverages ready...any advice at this point would be great..thanks :thumbsup_anim:

Well,

The snow on the lake has gone down at least a 1/2 foot. The ice road was a little soft on top today, with some small skims of water on top. TFN has been plowing with the 5 ton now, and today would be a good day to plow before all those little tire ridges freeze by the weekend. I have not been on the sled in a few days, but I will say that the snow was getting almost a bit too deep before this melt. 700's can be a bit hard on gas when driving around breaking trail. Not tough going with a good sled. Just MPG.

There is slush to be found, but it is not very deep. I was on a lake just past that I was on a few years ago with slush over the knee. There was none the other day. Once it turns -17 for Fri. night that will stiffin it all up on top for sure. It should be perfect for heading into some unbroken back lakes for specks or pike.

JTF

My buddy made accomodations for us at Lance Whites place ( I think ) was just wondering what the ice depth was like on the ice road as to whether I would take the truck and enclosed trailer out on the ice. Read a little further up they were plowing with the five ton. I have a dodge diesel and a 27 foot enclosed trailer you input would put my mind at ease.