more walleye!

BassAsin

here i am out of town supposed to come down friday for a wedding but ended up here wednesday for a funeral as well, managed to sneak out between the visitations to my secret wally lake for a few hours from 245-505 lost one in the hole about 16-18 inches and was not impressed the slighest bit! made my way back to town washed up and put my suit on

snuck away again around noon on the thursday shortly after the funeral and ceremonies for a few more hours about 2-6 had a nice fire goin and 2 lines set, i didnt have a lighter with me and decided i could light a smoke off the muffler of my chainsaw or go a little more on the primitive side and use a bow drill to get my fire goin! heres the stuff i used to get er rockin' not the first time i have used this method i have practised it before in the basement beside the wood stove. in total i was about 45 minutes from start to fire. with an interupption just as i was startin to get a bit of smoke and a coal developping i hear a ding ding and one line down! i drop my bow and spindle and make a dash pulling up a 15 incher! :thumbsup_anim: so i get back to making my fire by now it's a matter of a couple minutes before i can blow a coal into flame, all said and done now, finally havin some fireball in the flask a smoke goin, and a nice warm fire when all of a sudden i hear another dinner bell goin off. same hole as the last i make a run for it just as the loop slides off the switch. i set hook and feel some good weight and snugly slide a 24 inch wallie up a 6 inch hole! just shy of 6 pounds on the scal

went again today with a buddy fished for 7 hours and missed one in the last 5 minutes last line left after having pulled the other 3!

wish i had more pics but dont have the cord to upload from the cell phone!

Matt

wallie_24.jpg

wallie_244.jpg

bow_drill.jpg

Edited by BassAsin

thanks pure, dave, wayne and sinker,

congrats to you as well dave for the in fisherman pike, and sinker, its not so hard to get it goin but the preperation is a pain in the butt once all is prepared and ready to go 10 minutes and flame is goin!

Awesome report Matt :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you hit the honey hole.... great going :clapping: Beautiful eyes :thumbsup_anim:

You got to remember to bring a lighter or matches next time, a lot easier to get a fire going :whistling: LOL

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Edited by Leechman

haha to put out a fire you need to be able to reverse it, start one many ways, lol definetly a nice fish, along with the pics, looked like quite the solo job you did there man, for the next time , might wanna bring the 8 inch out haha 10 pound walleyes wont come out with such ease like your 6'er haha good report cheers!

Edited by StylinCatch