Simcoe whities

icefisherman

Figured fish must be biting in this super cold weather and started bright and early this morning with Rick.

Sure helps when I don't have to walk but have good friends to give me a ride now and then :clapping:

It was whities day all the way....what a difference couple weeks make....few weeks ago I've had hard time catching whities but was catching tons of lakers....well today exactly the opposite....no matter what I did i kept getting whities...and a LOT of them too...stopped counting at about 12 up to the hole and released...plus that many more hooked but lost on the way up...it was a wild day for sure.

Kept changing lures, presentation you name it...even minnows...still got only whities...few people behind me got couple lakers but not me :wallbash:

Oh well that's fishing :Gonefishing:

Meegs did most of the damage with few been caught on Williams.

Again thank you Rick, appreciate the ride Bud!!!

And one shot from the day:

IMG_0373.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Hey Ice

It was a GREAT Day!! A Long time in the making What with cancellations because of Ice Conditions,Weather, Family Commitments, Work and Iceman's bad back!!!!

We finally Got 'Er Done.

Although when my alarm went off and I made it to the kitchen to see the temp at -27 I was having second thoughts, But it was clear and NO wind, So load up have breakie, coffee and away we go, It was a chilly ride out to say the least,

But as I said no wind and the Sun was nice,

Drill some holes set up the Trap, get some heat on and we are ready to GO!!! Put down the HBird and OH YEA We are marking FISH!!!!

Ice insists on fishing outside he says its not "That Cold"

Then I hear 'I have One' OK he is warmed up now,

Then My turn, Whitie on the ice, Then one more for me ,Then Ice looses 2 ,Ok Coffee time ,Special brew, Baileys ,

The Sun is warming things up It is a Beautiful Day.

You get the Picture!!!!

As for the travelling Most of the Slush has tightened up But we did get into a couple of small wet spots, Hard to believe water on top and its -25!!

Had to chip some ice away from the upper idler wheels when I got home as they were not turning.

Sleds are still the best way to go. One up they are staying on top. Two up you will get some slush, But the beds are getting smaller, Did not see any Bikes out there.

Rick