Yo-Zuri Hybrid

EC1

So the other day i saw on the BPS website that they had this new line that looked pretty promising for its price tag, and it was like 6 bucks for 1/4 pound of line. (It's like 1000 yards of 6lb line).

I would really like to try it out, and I decided to visit BPS a couple of days ago, but only to find that there was no such thing at the BPS at Vaughan Mills.

Is there anyone out there that knows where I could find this line so that I can try it out in the near future?

:Gonefishing:

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks a lot troutguy and addikted2fishing

As for a place in Woodstock, do you guys know a place close to the GTA?

and addikted, I don't think Lebaron carries these lines. I find that Lebaron is starting to almost get more expensive than BPS lately too. I'll guess it's because of the crippling Canadian dollar....

I've tried this line and don't care for it, you may like it though.

same here.

I tried this one a while ago. The yellow box hybrid is supposed to be more flexible but I found it just as hard and crunchy feeling as any other FC line on the market at the time. I think i paid $12-15 for this roll....still have 1/2 left.

IMG_0058.JPG

Edited by j ace

Thanks a lot for the opinions guys. Now I really should rethink whether I should get this line or not.

The only thing that attracts me is the price tag, and the fact that it says MADE IN JAPAN on the spool. Although that made in japan thing is kinda cheesy, I think it was all of a sudden a confidence boost. All in all, it probably still beats hiding MADE IN CHINA somewhere in super fine print in the back or sides of the product.

IMHO it is the best hybrid line out there: great knot strength, very soft, abrasion resistant. It's about the only line I use beside braid. It works so well for me that I actually downsize a line with it, using 6 lb test where I would normally use 8.

Bass Depot, just outside of Pboro definitly carried it this fall.

IMHO it is the best hybrid line out there: great knot strength, very soft, abrasion resistant. It's about the only line I use beside braid. It works so well for me that I actually downsize a line with it, using 6 lb test where I would normally use 8.

Bass Depot, just outside of Pboro definitly carried it this fall.

Wow, we have such different opinions on this line. Singingdog, how much memory is there in this line?

and Blake, where abouts is Fishing World?

I'm very surprised to hear that someone thinks the Hybrid is "crunchy": that isn't my experience at all. I find it very limp, very low memory and incredibly strong for it's diameter. I was turned on to it by some hardcore smallmouth fisherman down south. Maybe I just got a good spool of it?

This probably doesn't matter because of the location but the FishingStore in Stratford has it in stock, and Byron, the owner, says it's great line. Actually, I believe the word he used was "awesome", but he's a braid guy, so he probably doesn't use it anyway.

JF

Hey guys. This line was released in the Canadian market around '06, correct? I had come down here to NY back in '05 and picked up a couple of spools of it and to tell ya the truth, l really liked it. Very similar to the P-Line Copoly but not as stretchy. When l did originally get it down here it had already been on the market for at least 2 years. It was very popular, and still is with the salt water fisherman up and down the east coast. Could the reason for a lot of people not liking it be that the stuff that was being released up there in Canada was 4 year old over stock comming from the states? Possible? This might explain the brittle issues some were having. I'm just throwing this out there cause even the P-line Co-poly gets brittle after a few years.

l've since switched over totally to braid, Sufix, but if l do ever find myself reaching for the clear stuff it's going to be either P-line co-poly or Maxima Perfexion for the lighter lines (2-10) or Trilene Big Game for anything above.

FHR

Edited by FishHeadRic

l've since switched over totally to braid, Sufix, but if l do ever find myself reaching for the clear stuff it's going to be either P-line co-poly or Maxima Perfexion for the lighter lines (2-10) or Trilene Big Game for anything above.

FHR

I've always thought of going STRICTLY to BRAID...but it had me thinking....

1) Braided line floats... so, using a DEEP DIVING LURE (or trolling for that matter) wouldn't be as helpful... cause most of it would be floating? I'd use MONO in this case... cause I know that stuff sinks.

i dunno, my stupid 2 cents