CLAM 2000 Zipper Repair

Bitsmith2k

over the course of two cold weekends, i've managed snap all the tabs off the zippers on of the doors of my hut.. then a nameless buddy was attempting to force the zipper closed with some plyers and popped it off the track..

whats my best bet in fixing it?

i was thinkin of making a canvas flap and using velcro to avoid future zipper problems..

any ideas?

mike

I had issues with my clams snaps.. I just tied a piece of cloth to each, made it much easier

i'm going to do that on the side that still good..

on the bad side, i'll warm it up and see if i cant get that zipper back on the tracks..

otherwise i'll be stuck with velcro..

If I understand your post.....the zipper teeth are fine but the sliders are damaged? Replacement sliders (single or double sided) can be purchased at your local fabric/sewing store. When a zipper is closed there are tabs at the end to stop the slider. To replace, snip off the tabs, pull off old slider, replace with a new slider, attach new tabs (usually in package). If there are not any replacement tabs in the package, they can also be purchased separately. Good luck!

If I understand your post.....the zipper teeth are fine but the sliders are damaged? Replacement sliders (single or double sided) can be purchased at your local fabric/sewing store. When a zipper is closed there are tabs at the end to stop the slider. To replace, snip off the tabs, pull off old slider, replace with a new slider, attach new tabs (usually in package). If there are not any replacement tabs in the package, they can also be purchased separately. Good luck!

thanks bly, i'm not up to speed with the zipper techno babble :).. but thats exactly what happened.. one slider is completely off one of the chains, the other slider wont engage the teeth on the chain..

i'm assuming that the size matters (though my wife assures me it really doesnt).. anyone know the size/gauge of the clam chains?

mike

Send an e-mail to Clam it is garanteed. I got a new tent for my fishtrap pro last year because there was an issue with black water proof material inside the tent. I had to cut out the fishtrap emblem and send it to them and got a new tent no charge.

Send an e-mail to Clam it is garanteed. I got a new tent for my fishtrap pro last year because there was an issue with black water proof material inside the tent. I had to cut out the fishtrap emblem and send it to them and got a new tent no charge.

i sent them an email right after my last reponse.. we'll see what they say..

i'm headin out this weekend, so i wouldnt mind fixing the zipper before that.. if all they want back is the logo cut out, then that would be sweet..

should have bought an eskimo

lol..

Actually I had sent a picture of the probelm and he had said to cut out teh logo and zipper and send it to him. I just cut them out and took apicture of them cut out and sent him that , he said that was fine. took a week or so to get the new tent back.

Actually I had sent a picture of the probelm and he had said to cut out teh logo and zipper and send it to him. I just cut them out and took apicture of them cut out and sent him that , he said that was fine. took a week or so to get the new tent back.

hmm.. interesting.. i'll give them a call before lunch if i dont hear from them..

Sorry to hear about your zipper issue, hopefully clam steps up and does the right thing.

How do you guys like the clam 2000? Enough room for two, what about an adult and two kids? How does it pull in the snow. Did you guys build a sled? If you did, any pics?

Is there a difference with the older style from say 2 years ago to present? (material, design)

Thanks,

lexx. ya i'll let you know how it goes..

Sorry to hear about your zipper issue, hopefully clam steps up and does the right thing.

How do you guys like the clam 2000? Enough room for two, what about an adult and two kids? How does it pull in the snow. Did you guys build a sled? If you did, any pics?

Is there a difference with the older style from say 2 years ago to present? (material, design)

Thanks,

flyguy.. the hut is not big enough for an adult and two kids.. it fits two reasonably big guys in there (i'm 6'5 270(ish) and by buddy is 6'4 - 245) we've fished a couple times out of it.. but its cramped..

its tough pulling it through anything more and a couple inches of snow..

Give a call to my buddy at CoversUnlimited located in Brampton as he does all kinds of repairs to materials and custom boat tops and such.

He is very much into ice fishiong and fixed up my flip over with proper snaps and zippers that never gets stuck even in minus temps!

Give him a call you won't be disapointed!!!

Tell him Pauly sent you from this site; )

(905)451-3346 work#