How is Angling Outfitter?

okumasheffield

Angling Outfitters is by far the best fishing store I've ever purchased from. Best customer service I've seen and they will explain and walk you through anything you don't understand. I was there a few weeks ago and they have dozens of float reels on display but I wasn't looking at the float rods. I bought a float setup there a few years back and am happy with it.

I live in Oshawa and I drive to Woodstock for any major fishing related purchase (except for my custom steelhead sticks).......Joss will hook you up and teach you lots......just don't tell him I said that, I don't want him to get a swollen head. Joss will work with your budget so don't be afraid to tell him what you can spend.....if your buddy is looking for a custom build, PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

RR

for all the custom rod offers... I have one word... Spiel. He is a long time respected member on this board (Not to mention a mod) add to that he has probably been fishing the tribs longer then most on this board.. his rods are second to none... not to mentioned he is active here... and not a cousin of a buddies buddy....

As for Angling Outfitters... they are top shelf! Jos is an amazing person person to deal with.. Alot if not almost all professional fishermen deal with him for two reasons.. his knowledge and his prices..

Hell he will beat Cabela's Prices.. he is a great resource to this community and a wealth of information.... I should add he is the number retailer of Lowrance products in Canada for a reason..

There are a ton of shops closer to me... but NONE of them hold a match to Jos and his shop. I tell everyone I know that fishes to deal with him.... and not one has come back disappointed!.. not one!

Deal with them... they are good people... and a wicked selection to boot!

G

Gerritt, I'm sure Spiels work is terrific....2nd to none, means no one is better. That's a stretch no matter what builder you decide to mention. I sent a PM to Sheffield to avoid any politics. It's always good to research more than one builder IMO is you are going to drop $500 to $1200 on a build.

Besides, even if George Bush was my buddy, cousins buddy or active mod on this board....I still wouldn't vote for him, would you ?

Cheers

RR

wow thats pricy for a custom build! And the guy I know is actually on this board and has been building rods for over 20 years and is not a cousin of a cousin. I think he goes by NiagaraRiverPro on here. He is on a few different boards and goes by different names.

Edited by charlied