Pin STILL spinnin

kemper

So im sitting here, bored and watching crappy music videos on much music and I decided that instead of spending coin to upgrade my bearings id try the degrease and light oil trick I have been hearing about around here.

For the test I very scientifically lightly flicked my reel pre pit stop and came up with a spinning time of 2:10. Not bad, but I knew it could do better... little did I know!

After a ten minute procedure and a regrease with my favourite bike oil (SUPER light, and its a dry type oil) I lightly flicked it again...actually seemed a little less hard than the first time and got a spin time of...

SIX AND A HALF MINUTES :stretcher:

Now, I'm not one to brag about my gear...nor do I care what anyone else rocks, because I say get out there and fish what you got so this post is simply a heads up for people to take the ten minutes and do a little work that will greatly improve the performance of your reel for FREE.

unbelieveable, thanks Solo and Drifter and any others that have mentioned this tip :thumbsup_anim:

Its GOTTA be bedtime now...

Kemper, it seems to great minds (fishermen) think the same!

I did exactly what Solo suggested a week ago

(didnt want to buy a whole tank of degreasing solution, had to wait for my coworker to bring me some)

and WA-LA!

my Sheffield now spins forever ... just kidding.

It spins significantly longer than it did before

wonder if it has anything to do with lubes I have used or whatever

but I am just too happy to think about it

the problem is that ... when can I get sew oil?

I really dont want to keep using what I have been using ..

Lets just go out to spin our centerpin and forget about hooking onto fish, what do you say? Kemper

BTW, I think this never-ending-cold-snap has bored us ...

the problem is that ... when can I get sew oil?

I really dont want to keep using what I have been using ..

You could also try using a light gun oil to lube the bearings if you have sewing machine oil.

Edited by MJL