Speaking of centerpins.

BillM

The first time I fished with Sil, Dave and Berge they told me I'd be getting a new rod in no time. I kinda just shrugged it off thinking, that my Raven would just do me fine. Well, they were right :) I got a line on a custom Loomis IM6 3 piece. An old school rod from what I've been told, with a set back reel seat (I really had no idea what I was buying, lol). I got the approval from Mike and his buddy Fergie, so I guess I lucked out! First thing Mike did when we went down to fish some Lake E tribs, was grab it and start furiously cleaning the cork! He said nothing like clean cork to make a rod feel new again..

Today, I picked up another piece to the arsenal, a AngSpec 4.5 offset... I blame Okuma-Sheffield for this and his thread on centerpins!!!! :) Picked it up tonight, couldn't be happier. Just spent the last 2 hrs taking it apart, greasing and giving it the once over. This thing spins forever, there is just no other way to say it. I cannot wait to get out on the water for the maiden voyage..

So who wants to go fishing!?!?!

angspec2005.jpg

angspec2006.jpg

angspec2007.jpg

Edited by BillM

That's not what I said, but I will admit that the 10 plus years of ground in filth and roe goo had to go! :D

I was surprised you didn't buy the reel right away when you picked up the rod. Even more amazed that it was still available (Bill stole it from the guy :) ).

Good on ya brother, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it!

Congrats on the purchase. Definitely a fine piece that should last you a lifetime worth of memories + more :thumbsup_anim:

congrats on the reel, it really is beautiful and a fine piece of art...

looks like steelheading is becoming a runway show...

Not always the case...I got my reel in stealth fighter black to remain invisible in the woods

Atta boy Bill,

Sick set-up. New fishing gear is always a good investment... just don't let her find out how much you spent :lol:

Paul

Bill

I advise you not to let you dad use that one or you will be looking for another one LOL!!

I had a 4 1/2 offset and sold it it was too heavy for me. I am on the lookout for their 20th anniversary reel.

Jose

Edited by jchau53

Jose, luckily for me the oldman isn't to fond of standing in the middle of a frozen river :)

I hope the weight isn't a big issue, I did put it on the rod and it seems extremely well balanced. Most likely because of the reel seat being further back then normal.

I let my oldman use the Calais, bad...bad idea!!! lol