underwater camera's

Sorry, I don't have any advice. A friend of mine had an Aqua Vu, but he couldn't get the camera aimed properly when ice fishing. He got fed up trying and gave the unit to me. I haven't used it yet, but I understand its best to use some sort of tripod or other holding device to aim the camera. Just something to be aware of.

I have an aqua-vu, works well if the water isn't too dirty. Tried it in Jack lake last winter but the water there is really tea stained and I couldn't see more than about 3-4'. One trick I have learned when using it for ice fishing is to set it up so that it points straight down. You can then suspend it above your bait and see anything that approaches. Otherwise, you are always having to worry about which way the camera is pointing.

They ae a good tool/toy under the right conditions.

the wife bought me the Fish T.V. I have only used it once and it works great I have not used the other remember that if you want a video jack out put on the fish T.V. you have to get the 7" one check out caballas canada site they have the 5" on sale

https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=79&...on=&ID=2585

here is the 7" I think the prices are in CDN I would think so any way

https://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=79&...on=&ID=2233

I have the Cabelas Avanced Angler camera system and it works fine. It has infrared lighting and the monitor comes in 5.5" and 7" sizes.

I have the 5.5" model and it has video out connections for recording. You do really need a tripod to help in aiming them though. Aquaview has an inexpensive tripod for about $15 as well as a motorized option for about $90. These will work with any camera not just Aquaview. If you have too much money the Marcum VS 825C is uber sweet!!!!

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I got one this year...

the 7" cabelas one...

it has a video out on the back...

Pros:

you'll be able to see weeds/etc

see how your bait acts

see how fish respond to your jigging technique

Cons

it really is a hassle to set it up properly

you'll also need atleast a 6" hole...

they are also pretty heavy and bulky...

need clear water to be able to see

an extra hole in the ice

need to be in a hut to see (must be dark)

I'd say put the $$ in a flasher or a hut if you don't have them

I have the aquavu ... was a little disappointed because the thing really only works within a few feet if you are fishing at any depth beyond 'daylight' ... its pretty bulky ... so unless I am truly gonna be out all day (and in the hut) I dont bother bringing it any more ... I like it ... but I dont love it ... Now .on the other hand ... if you are bringing kids along .. theres alot to be said for letting them see the minnow swim around .. or to be able to see the jig bouncing up and down ... and sometimes even see a fish sniffing around .... ok .. maybe I do love it (sometimes)