A Couple From the Bog

joonmoon

To make a long story short...stopped into BPS to pick up the Mr.Buddy heater on our way to the Bog. Out of stock...oh well guess we have to use the coleman cat...it suks.

Decided to try out of Goreski's since we've never been over there in the past. After driving down to the water and seeing the access point and driving all the way back to the area most were parking, I wasn't looking forward to the haul. A gentleman walking up to his van offered us a ride down to the ice on his way to pick up his passengers waiting for him who were done for the morning bite. Thanks again whoever you were. My wife and I walked about a few hundred yards off shore, lots of snow on the ice hard walking and decided here was the spot. Set up the Eskimo by 2:30 pm in 6' and hunkered down from the wind with hopes of walleye and crappie in the near future. Perch were first, too small to even get the hook in their yaps but kept us busy while we waited for the witching hour. then a solid nibble and she reels in the first of the day. Small but what we were after...a 15" eye, to start the clock at 4:45 pm. I missed a bite and then hooked a decent fish but lost it right below the ice. I thinking a crappie but didn't see it. My better half hooks a good crappie and as the hook comes loose at the surface we both reached down to grab it and ended up with eachothers hand...lol. She did land a decent 13" crappie and he came home with the eye as a snack. The bite slowed down and the WGSF were the only ones interested in feeding. Packed up and began the long walk to the vehicle again. The ice was a solid 8-10" thick with 12" of snow on top. We fished with buckshots and swedish pimples tipped with minnows. A fun afternoon and evening to say the least. B)

100_0281.jpg

Nice looking fish Bro. Too bad about the heater at BPS, next time you'll have to call ahead first. If you two would stop holding hands, you might land more fish :rolleyes: .

arent you on fishontario.com? if so, i cant get on there anymore, you?

Well Ciceri, I haven't been on that site for better than 3 years. Haven't missed it either. I used to get harrassed for posting where I was fishing and answering questions about locations and methods I was using to catch fish. It was more of a "look at what I caught, but don't ask where or how" site.

Edited by jediangler

Hey Johnnyb if the lovely laker Jesse is anything like my wife get used to it bro. For me I'm just glad she's into it and getting bites cause it would make trips a lot duller and shorter and we'd starve to death if it were up to me to provide...lol. Its time well wasted. :worthy:

Well Ciceri, I haven't been on that site for better than 3 years. Haven't missed it either. I used to get harrassed for posting where I was fishing and answering questions about locations and methods I was using to catch fish. It was more of a "look at what I caught, but don't ask where or how" site.

oh ya, i remember that.