What would you do?

limeyangler

What all needed replaced ? that kind of money on an older sled is pretty much an over haul of everything.

have you bought Genuine Polaris parts lately,I would imagine there shop rate is prob 80-85 hr dont take long to add up ,sucky deal for sure ,id pay the bill suck up the losses and dump that XLT before the tripple comes apart and your in another 1500-2000 for engine repair ,no fun having 6000 in a 11 yr old snowmobile,hes probable talking about Aubins in Dryden been there many a times never bought anything Rail side or a private mech would have been the best bet,like stated live and learn

Edited by North East Shark

Hey Limey, Sucks to hear what happened i would most definitely take a Police officer with you when you go p/u your sled and file a complaint, rattle their cage go to Better Business Bureau and small claims you should win this one and if you do pack up your stuff and move Thunder Bay "Jk"" hope the best works out for you.

Edited by PatrickGG

anyway, blah...blah...blah later....i was getting really mad....she gives me a price $2100 taxes included, and the sled is good to go...mechanically as they have not checked the engine .

Forgeting the age of the sled and the people involved....

This doesn't sound too unreasonable and you can USE the damn thing.

Factor in the cost of getting a basket of parts back and finding someone else to slap it together. It may or may not be cheaper and it could be another month lost.

This might be the cheapest way out of your situation.

You got hosed on this deal from all angles and winning the arguement might feel good but it could cost you more in the long run.

Forgeting the age of the sled and the people involved....

This doesn't sound too unreasonable and you can USE the damn thing.

Factor in the cost of getting a basket of parts back and finding someone else to slap it together. It may or may not be cheaper and it could be another month lost.

This might be the cheapest way out of your situation.

You got hosed on this deal from all angles and winning the arguement might feel good but it could cost you more in the long run.

Slowpoke....SPOT ON MATE!

Thats exactly how i view it at the moment...like you said...im getting shafted from both ends.......thought that only happened in prison when you drop the soap....lol....not thati would know :whistling:

...look back on your old posts about your "new ride". Been there done that with your "gay purple sled". Your story is going to keep me up at night for a week! Some say those triples are "bullet proof" I say they're expensive! Here's my timeline......buy sled three years ago with less than 5k miles in too good to be true shape for 2500 from a guy I know....enjoy for 600 miles and blow water pump. Spend 500 to fix then shortly after blow crank and blow two grand rebuilding.....I've owned the sled this is now my third winter and still don't have 6000 miles. If you look back on your original post I sarcastically stated how great a deal that was....but I didn't want to burst your bubble. Good luck.

Hey limey, I would tell them to give me back my sled the way it was brouht in or else you will take the matter to court, period......no if's, ands, or buts!!! You will win and they may think twice before spending money on parts and labour trying to rip some-one off in the future.

One other thing, I believe there is a law in Canada that prevents any shop from charging more than 10% higher than their estimate (or maybe it's 15% I can't remember). Has anyone else ever heard this???

Hi All,

They called this morning, still telling me that its my fault for telling the actual mechanic to hold off on the work and not the front desk. I told the front desk that it was...by law....actually their responsibility to make sure authorization had been given and to make an accurate record of that.

anyway, blah...blah...blah later....i was getting really mad....she gives me a price $2100 taxes included, and the sled is good to go...mechanically as they have not checked the engine .

This figure has dropped from $3000, and whilst now she was suddenly offering to put it back together the way it was brought in I kinda look at it this way.

Paid $1900.....a similar sled in good running order can fetch between $2500 and max $3000.

So....if i go on the low figure of $2500....and add $2100 ive paid $1600 more than i budgeted for. I am so fed up at this point i'm willing to take the hit (god i hope the engine is ok).

I can only console myself in the fact that if she runs good, i get a sled with a good engine that is mechanically sound which will do me for a few years. I pay off my truck in 3 years time....then buy a new sled with a warranty......NOT A POLARIS BECAUSE IDONT WANNA SERVICE IT THERE!!!!

I am going to call Polaris and tell them as much, and let them know i will not be getting a Polaris...ever!!!! because of this...see what they say.

I know i'm kinda letting my "wants" get the better of me...i "want' a sled now!!!! but i made the decision and will have to live with it.

Thats not to say i'm ungrateful of the offers to take the sled back the way i got it....and take it to Rickter's store, or Brkygetr to help me fix the parts up.

.....but to be honest....this sucks....but things are pretty good, my wife and i are healthy, we have a little one due in march (too cool), I might have to buy cloth nappies now and wash them given all the money we're spending....lol....but if you listen to the politicians....I AM A NATIONAL HERO....STIMULATING THE ECONOMY!

Have a great day all.......

Thanks for all the support

Simon.

Glad things Kind of worked out. If and when you do write a letter of Complaint. Just let Polaris Know that if they keep up their poor costomer service. They may end up Like the Big three begging for money from the Government with 90 percent Tax payers telling them to stick it where the sun dont shine in. Ive gotten Ripped or tossed around like meat a few times and I know how you feel. Thanks for the post

Edited by holdfast