Ice Fisherman Trapped

diggyj

WOW...thats quite scarry !!!! :blink::glare: being stuck out there because of a ship passing through the shipping lanes,a simular thing happens in the bay of quinte when the tug makes his way through the bay from bellville to kingston, :blink: he breaks the ice all up,and if people dont know,it can stay open for a few days !!!! hope they make it in ok..cheers

yeah but if I'm not mistaken

you can go on line and find out the schedule of when ships are coming and going

I know they make announcements about when they are coming and going from midland

and my point is if I am fishing a body of water I check on things like that, scary yeas but very irresponsible fishermen

I hope they charge them for the cost of rescue

yeah but if I'm not mistaken

you can go on line and find out the schedule of when ships are coming and going

I know they make announcements about when they are coming and going from midland

and my point is if I am fishing a body of water I check on things like that, scary yeas but very irresponsible fishermen

I hope they charge them for the cost of rescue

A ship passing through would be one of the last things on my mind. Then again I am new to ice fishing. Mistakes happen.

Easy fix. Setup fishing regs that prohibit fishing until an all clear is made for ship traffic......well I think that is easy.

forrest