Lake Scugog Ice Info [updated5 mins ago]

fishindevil

For anyone going to lake scugog opening day,the causeway bait & tackle will be open at 5 am andi just got off the phone with them!!! they said to STAY AWAY FROM VIEW LAKE AREA AS ITS WIDE OPEN !!!!![as well the modis satellite pics show it open as well]there is a large part of the north east side of the lake.OPEN WATER, rest of the lake is touch & go,there are lots of unsafe areas,they said be very careful,as more reports are comming in,lots of dicey spots along the shoreline,where people are wrecking the ice trying to get huts on,and a few guys went through in a quad at ball point !!!! just thought people would want to know cheers guys :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: be very careful on opening day !!!!

Edited by fishindevil

Guest skeeter99

well the ice aint that good

as we speak my friends three buddies are trying to get there atv's out of the lake just off of ball point

they went through pulling there hut out

must have hit a patch where there was open water and splash

Thanks for the ionfo,i just called dave at the shop and gave him an update,he is also saying that reports are comming in about unsafe spots all along the shore,where people have put their huts out and wrecked the shoreline for anyone comming behind them !!!! itsa a mess,and he is really now starting to warn people not to go unless,you are 100% sure the ice where you are is thick enough !!! its not too good guys i would avoid it all together,and there is very few areas to get on the ice now,goreskis is closed right off,no access at all now !!!!