Where to get bait on Jan 1st

Fang

just back in from a movie

For all you with kids, Bedtime Stories was OK but I was waiting all movie for the famous Rob Schneider "YOU CAN DO IT!" Kids liked it and I even heard the wife giggle a few times.

Has a bunch of the standard Sandler crew doing cameo's

Can't say 100% that I'm heading anywhere tomorrow. Just planning a back up if I wake up and my heads not too sore. Most likely will be out on Saturday

How do you figure you'll get ripped for bait @ Tall Tales????????

Like Sonny said, go spend the time and effort yourself and see what ya come up with. Bait shops have to survive on sales and with ice conditions being sketchy across most of southern Ontario, they haven't had much in sales as of yet. Anyway don't knock what you haven't got a clue about. Tall Tales has reasonable rates for bait, just got between 30-45 minnows for $6 the other day. B)

How do you figure you'll get ripped for bait @ Tall Tales????????

Like Sonny said, go spend the time and effort yourself and see what ya come up with. Bait shops have to survive on sales and with ice conditions being sketchy across most of southern Ontario, they haven't had much in sales as of yet. Anyway don't knock what you haven't got a clue about. Tall Tales has reasonable rates for bait, just got between 30-45 minnows for $6 the other day. B)

Very fair price! A friend of mine recounted a story of paying by the minnow and having the guy count each one!

I've been trying without success to catch my own so am happy to pay the $5 or $6 for a scoop (and avoid those shops that charge by the minnow). :Gonefishing:

Well said joon,,It tough enough for these guys out here to survive,,and it's alot of work to catch and store bait,,,As i always said,,if you don't like the price of something,,don't buy it,,if you do,,don't complain you always have a choice!

on the other hand, I always say

if someone has good prices

if someone has good service

if someone has a great location

then tell people about it

now

if someone has high prices

if someone has bad service

if someone has a nasty location

then tell people about it

the truth will set you free

and as long as what you say, you feel is the truth, why wouldn't you give other people the heads up

if someone wishes to rebute the statement or correct the problem

then the internet has truely done it's thing

I think people also have to remember these people are opening on holidays and WORKING while the rest of us are going fishing. They are enabling us to use live bait on the days when every where else is closed. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

If someone is willing to pay the price why complain about it? :blahblah1: It makes me wonder about people sometimes when they talk of all the money they spend on boats, rods, sleds, huts, tackle, etc. and then complain about spending a few dollars more on one of the most important aspects of fishing.. <_<

The bait shop at petro Canada on the 400 counts each minnow, that's why I said I would rather stay home. I have stopped there once and never again. They are $5 dollars a scoop down here and I have no problem paying that when I have to, I do catch my own in the spring and summer and you can get thousands in 5 minutes, end up giving them away after the day. Just can't take them north because of the new laws. The ticket might be cheaper then buying minnows from some of these guys however! Seem like they would be cheaper the more north you go, seeing as there are more lakes! Good thing all these new artificials are getting so life like, pretty soon won't need live bait stores then they can cry where there business went!

Guys, Pro Line at black creek and Jane ( Just soth of the 400 hwy) has all kinds of minnows and are open at 5am

sorry ,, great to know they're open ,, but what's the damage on the minna's .

i'm not all that concerned with prices ,, i agree that being open at 5:00 am comes with a price .

just how bad you get screwed is the fine line for repeat business.

just like tradin' cards back in the day ,, got 'em ,got 'em ,, NEED 'EM!!!!

Edited by waterwolf