who uses a fish finder/flasher for ice fishing?

Handlebarz

I know so have been using them from the board I was wondering how many are doing it? I was looking at a gray scal but am now going to get either a flasher or a color sonar/flasher with GPS combo in color I was looking at the huminbird 383C portable or Lowerance X67c. I have received some PM's about other units I just want to get as much info as possible as I dont want to jump on the wrong machine.

For the hardwater, nothing beats a flasher. Be it a Vexilar, Marcum, or the new Humminbird Flashers. I personally use a Vexilar FL-20 and WILL NOT go fishing without it.

As my buddy says, "Remember, always keep your eyes glued to your vex."

Jeff

Hey Mike,

I used the X 135 from my boat, works awesome/ What I like about it mostly is you don't get "Vex eyes". It's nice to be able to take your eyes off the screen, better yet, I can set the alarm on it and have a siesta and let the fish tell me when it's time to get up!

PortablefishfinderX135005.jpg

Fishing060.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135004.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135003.jpg

For the hardwater, nothing beats a flasher. Be it a Vexilar, Marcum, or the new Humminbird Flashers. I personally use a Vexilar FL-20 and WILL NOT go fishing without it.

As my buddy says, "Remember, always keep your eyes glued to your vex."

Jeff

Hey jeff.

I know you are an avid hardwater fisherperson......just wondering though why 'nothing' beats a flasher?

I, as you know, use the X67C, and it is awesome in my opinion. It has an LCD flasher that works exactly like any other flasher, so why are flashers so much better? I much prefer to use my machine in graph mode.

I'm not trying to be contentious...i'm just curious is all.

Graph for me too ... I think the lag is more in the movement of the fish ... but I agree ... I like the fact that the mark stays on the screen a while ... I think I would get too mesmerized staring at a vex :)

Edited by camillj

Thanks Ron is what the wife would be saying if she knew where I got my idea from I just got back from Angling outfitters after droping some $$$ I am home with a 522c finder and will be on the look out for my box and mounting crap to make my travel case. I was also told to try and not put the transducer down the hole rather make another hole of place it in a bag with antifreeze and just place it on the ice. Who knows what I am going to do I know I dont but cant wait to get it done and now we need some safe ice again.

I'm going to try a HUMMINBIRD FISHIN BUDDIES 140C. Not to expensive and I like the portability, color, and the side scan capability. Going to gove it a try in a week so we'll see.

Yes boys and girls Hawkeye is actually going fishing. It's been way way to long, dang golf will do that to ya

more to follow...........................