more ice pike fishin

BassAsin

went out to a little lake other than my favourite today always good for a feast of perch and some pike ended up with a bunch of good perch 3 pike and a small wallie too! didnt know they were in there. i know your all saying i should have let the pig go but she was caught pretty good in the gills and i didnt think she would have made it!

dec17th..jpg

dec_17th.jpg

1218081544_01.jpg

if she's hooked pretty deep and not sure she'll make a healthy recovery,, don't chance wasting a beautiful pike.

better on the table than rotting on the bottom. even hardcore c&r guys have to keep to take some colateral damage home sometimes.

great day on the hard stuff ,, and a bonus eye to boot . congrats.

if she's hooked pretty deep and not sure she'll make a healthy recovery,, don't chance wasting a beautiful pike.

better on the table than rotting on the bottom. even hardcore c&r guys have to keep to take some colateral damage home sometimes.

great day on the hard stuff ,, and a bonus eye to boot . congrats.

SHE big female was hooked bad enough that from the fight the gills on one side were almost coming out her mouth. i always use a single 2/0 soft plastic wide gap worm hook to help prevent this from happening but gonna taste good i think and your right i didnt need to be feeding the mudpout and crayfish.

Great stuff Bassain.....pike are always fun through the ice ...heck...they're always fun period!

Thats a real buzz when you discover a species you never even knew was in there...nice one.

And yeah...looks cold.....been cold here too...but warming up soon.

Thanks for posting.

you name man! i live near a lake that has LMB SMB walleye Pike Musky/hybrids lake trout the odd speckle trout atlantic salmon suckers whitefish smelt the occasional rainbow (very rare) catfish (brown bullhead) perch rock bass sunfish sturgeon and this is all in one lake there isnt much i cant catch around here within an hours drive and i'm only 3 hours to lake huron (manitoulin island) i am a lucky kid for sure hahah

And to top it off Ciceri.. the bugger gets to spend the summer with the lovely lady fire gals in Temagami !! :canadian:

i wouldnt wanna have it any other way wayne! this is a pic of my crew after a fire in algonquin park

apk3.jpg

Edited by BassAsin