A Walk in the Woods

Hey All,

So my daughter woke up this morning at 4AM and didn't want to go back to sleep, so my wonderful wife was kind enough to drop her off at her mother's place so that I could get some sleep after she left for work this morning. This gave me enough time to start my Xmas shopping and I was able to escape to a local trail that I had never been on. Overall I was a little perterbed by the significant lack of wild life on this trail......

Here are a few shots that I took....keep in mind I'm getting used to the camera and i suffer from some bad camera shake. I heard it through the grapevine that santa is dropping off a tripod for me at my parents place :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_0794-1.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Lots of ruin and old buildings in this area....

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

This Mallard decided to float by me on the river

IMG_0954.jpg

Edited by FishnNAutographs

The tree in the forefront has a beige spot that looks like a deer rubbed it's antlers on it.... but could be mistaken

it's a strong possibility. I was in an area which is creeping close to what's called the "Conestoga Corridor" which is a part of the Grand River Valley that runs on the north end of Waterloo and the surrounding edges of Kitchener. According to the GRCA the corridor is home to approximately 150-200 adult white tails.... I've seen a few large bucks and does but they were closer to the village of Conestogo..

All the wildlife hangs out closer to the river near the lower trail. Too much traffic on the upper.

I used to run theat trail 3 days a week from the Lanc parking lot to Bingemans and back. Nice inner city escape and if you time it right, there is a gold mine of fiddleheads in the area.

yea, i've come to appreciate what the grand river offers....lots of wild life to see if you're lucky, however, like i said, other than a pair of cardinals and the ducks there was nothing to be seen. I was even hoping for a rabbit or two lol...

i've come across more deer along the RIM park trail on the north end of Waterloo by the golf course than the Bingemans area....

it's a strong possibility. I was in an area which is creeping close to what's called the "Conestoga Corridor" which is a part of the Grand River Valley that runs on the north end of Waterloo and the surrounding edges of Kitchener. According to the GRCA the corridor is home to approximately 150-200 adult white tails.... I've seen a few large bucks and does but they were closer to the village of Conestogo..

Cool than it just might be one B) If there is that many deers and you've seen a few, be on the look out next time you go back..... you might even come accross deer scrapes on the ground. :thumbsup_anim::canadian: