Weather - we're in for a treat this winter!

I don't ever understand why they ruin the reputation of Environment Canada by doing these 3 month forecasts. They are usually so far off base it just destroys their creditability.... I don't remember the summer being blisteringly hot as they claimed it would be.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/06/05/...r-forecast.html

Edited by Canuck2fan

I don't ever understand why they ruin the reputation of Environment Canada by doing these 3 month forecasts. They are usually so far off base it just destroys their creditability.... I don't remember the summer being blisteringly hot as they claimed it would be.

Because of funding cut-backs, they can't afford a new dart board. And they already lost one of their darts so that's not helping either. :canadian:

Because of funding cut-backs, they can't afford a new dart board. And they already lost one of their darts so that's not helping either. :canadian:

I just hope they are wrong again this weekend.

I REALLY am not looking forward to being armpit deep in a glass of icewater with a big stick busting my favourite hole open. GRR

Maybe JDMLS and Sil will jump in for me! :whistling:

I just hope they are wrong again this weekend.

I REALLY am not looking forward to being armpit deep in a glass of icewater with a big stick busting my favourite hole open. GRR

Maybe JDMLS and Sil will jump in for me! :whistling:

The only way i'm getting out there this weekend is with a tire tied to some yellow rope..... I have had it with stealing logs from beaver dams <_<

If they said that is what it will be.....who are we to doubt Environment Canada? :lol:

OK, my bad. People keep asking their opinion and they give it, so they are wrong 40% of the time, that just means they are right 60%.....it is interesting news for some. Maybe retailers use the info to decide the volume of items they will purchase.

One things for sure, I don't plan my life around it.

forrest

The only way i'm getting out there this weekend is with a tire tied to some yellow rope..... I have had it with stealing logs from beaver dams <_<

Sounds good to me.

Im gonna fish friday, hopefully not too much ice will have formed yet. Saturday is not looking good though. Ill let you know after friday whether you need the auger or not.

Weather Canada, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be wrong this time!

Do I head +5 anyone?

The weather forcasts are always good for a laugh. This summer at the lodge, their forcast was consistantly wrong. If we doubled the estimated wind speeds, we were close, but their precipitation forcasts and cloud cover was off by miles.

My pactiular favourite day for Kesagami was when the current conditions said "3600 foot ceiling and 1600 feet of visibility." Does this look like a 3600 foot ceiling and 1600 feet of visibility to you?

IMGP2331.jpg