My buddy Avery is at it again....

chickenhawk

that's why i like him....he's ballsy....

Nothing ballsy about that!!!!! He would be ballsy if, when it was time to duke it out that he would stand up and duke it out, instead of doing a good turtle imitation. The guy is a goof. I just hope that the Stars can get out of that ridiculous contract.

Judging by his character, it was only sloppy seconds for the first 2 inches (maybe less) and prolly why she ran off with someone else!

Anybody that idolizes this schmuck prolly has the same problem.

THAT was funny, better watch yourself though you might be the next one attacked by his great wit, lol

the reaction from his own team says it all, shame

Gotta say that his comments were a tad tasteless, but I feel for the guy. Due to his on and off ice nature this situation is being blown out of proportion.

I agree with Chicken and Steve, he is a valuable player on the right team. Is he worth 4 mil. probably not, are the Dallas Stars the right team for him? probably not. But he has grit, tenacity, and yes even talent. I watched him play many many games in the OHL when he played for Kingston and he hasn't changed a bit. Was a super-pest then and still is now. Same can be said about his skill set, the guy has excellent hands, great positioning and draws a ton of penalties. If he was such an awful player and had not value, he wouldn't have been playing on the same line as Modano.

I don't think he'll play another game for Dallas, but he will find a new home in the NHL.

Also I bet he wouldn't hesitate to drop the gloves with Phaneuf, again in the OHL I saw him drop the mitts with several big defensmen. Sometimes he got his clock cleaned and sometimes he won, but I never saw him back down.

Judging by his character, it was only sloppy seconds for the first 2 inches (maybe less) and prolly why she ran off with someone else!

Anybody that idolizes this schmuck prolly has the same problem.

do you even know what hockey is??? lol

Edited by chickenhawk

do you even know what hockey is??? lol

Our definition of hockey down here in the South is a little different than yours.

If you've watched the old tv show MASH, you may have heard Col. Potter exclaim "Horse Hockey!!!"... he wasn't talking about a game played with or by horses, he was talking about a horse byproduct!

Down hear you may hear a child tell it's mother "Momma, little Billy Bob stinks... I think he has hockey in his diaper!"

I think the game Hockey got it's name because they used to play it with a frozen Moose turd back in the old days.

Edited by GCD

6 games for being an idiot???????????????? how many games did the Montreal guy get for smashing the van ryan kids face into the glass from behind? I think it's crap that a guy can get suspended for being an idiot, he said nothing against officiating or the league, it should have been handled by the team, maybe they should ban Ron Mclean for all his crappy jokes. Is it worth more games if you hurt someones feelings rather than smashing their face in or running a guy from behind? I am by no means an Avery fan but I think this is crap.

it's not just for being an idiot, he's a compounding problem, hits from behind and on ice goonery can usually be classified as a spur of the moment incident, this was obviously premeditated, not like he's a first time offender, he's also ordered to anger management and perhaps counselling,

IT"S FOR A REASON, Manitoba Moose also said they didn't want him if he'd be sent to the minors,

repeat repeat offender, throw the book at him

Hollweg was a repeat offender too, and what did he get the last time he ran someone for the third time? I think the discipline in the NHL is a farce. What hurts more and does more damage, having a good player getting run into the boards and being put out for the season and the perp getting 3 games for doing it or a guy goading people with nasty comments. I think this was a matter for internal punishment from the team, the league should have stayed out of it. The league is boring with all the canned answers the players give, it's no wonder nobody says anything because you get suspended if you do.

I don't think a suspension was warranted at all. Bettman and the league are too concerned with the "image of hockey" not appealing to the masses, that any highly publicized incident like this is going to result in disciplinary actions, deserved or not.

Unfortunately the conduct that really hurts the players and the game isn't drawing attention outside of the hockey world. The Montreal-Toronto game that was previously referred to should have resulted in several players being suspended for some of the dirtiest play I've seen in a long time. Heck Carbonneau even said he was embarrassed by his players after the game, and not for a lack of effort.

Like I said before I don't think Avery will play another game in Dallas even if the coaching staff feel as though he can contribute to a winning franchise. The front office will give him the boot to show their sensitive side and "clean up the game".

Hollweg was a repeat offender too, and what did he get the last time he ran someone for the third time? I think the discipline in the NHL is a farce. What hurts more and does more damage, having a good player getting run into the boards and being put out for the season and the perp getting 3 games for doing it or a guy goading people with nasty comments. I think this was a matter for internal punishment from the team, the league should have stayed out of it. The league is boring with all the canned answers the players give, it's no wonder nobody says anything because you get suspended if you do.

You may have a point, that could open a can of worms. Apparently Avery never even got a hearing or Tribunal whatever its called. Anger Management? What the, seems he was more joking than angry. Now the NHL will have to come up with a Book on words and phrases you can not use. Wow, an NHL Human rights commission run by Bettman. Guilty till proven otherwise.