OFN COMMUNITY CALL FOR HELP!!

TJQ

Niagara River Steelheaders is putting a tourny on in early December, Niagara fishing has been invited and OFC should come down as well, the derby will be held from queenston on the Lower Niagara River, all proceeds will go towards Rick . Will post details later.

gee thanks Rory, trying to make me really busy???, I just got finished last weekends derby :lol:

I will post details as I pull this together, I am waiting on some feedback as to a day, how many boaters ect..I just planted this bug within the last hour or so..not sure if this is going to be a wekday or weekend yet pending feedback..it's short notice, but a bunch of us nut cases will be fishing the next couple weeks anyways..the basic idea is a boater/non-boater day..we need to get a feel for boats before opening seats up...5-10 bucks entry fee, winner gets bragging rights(probably some sort of award) and all the cash goes in as a donation.

I am just tossing this around so I will keep updated as the next couple days goes by :Gonefishing:

LOL @Jack, this whole time i thought i was doing u a favour :P If u need a hand let me know bro.

I got a couple boats on board as of this evening, we just haven't hammered down the actual day/times yet, gonna see what works for most, you already know Hellfish there are a few of us who are going to be fishing in the next couple weeks a bunch anyways...so this will just give an extra reason and for a good cause to get out there. Shouldn't have a problem about needing a hand I know alot of people will step in if I do...what I will need though is my 2 way radios..lol

We are seeing some very nice support here, that's how we roll at OFC. What we need for Rick right now is some hard, short term support, if that meaning is clear. A letter to TJ will result in a forward to Rick, with no names attached.

An auction is still a great idea, for the longer term. I will definitely bid on a guide package, any takers?

The meaning is clear douG.Hard short term support is on the way but it still takes at least a week from the states.

Joe

I still have a few craftsman tool sets I can donate ( I own a sears dealer store). They are new and in a box. They are the ones you see "on sale" every other week in the flyer for 19.99 down from 79.99. I have quite a few different sets I bought to donate for cases like this. I don't have pics though! I can take a few tomorrow with cell phone and email to someone? Perhaps they would be better served for the Niagara derby as prizes seeing as the proceeds are going to this worthy cause anyway??? Let me know. I'd love to help.

I still have a few craftsman tool sets I can donate ( I own a sears dealer store). They are new and in a box. They are the ones you see "on sale" every other week in the flyer for 19.99 down from 79.99. I have quite a few different sets I bought to donate for cases like this. I don't have pics though! I can take a few tomorrow with cell phone and email to someone? Perhaps they would be better served for the Niagara derby as prizes seeing as the proceeds are going to this worthy cause anyway??? Let me know. I'd love to help.

any fellow OFNers going to be in the area next Saturday????, that's the day I think a few of us are going to get together and go fishing out on the river..a fun day fishing, and a bit of help for a good cause.

As for the tool set, thanks alot for the offer, I was going to try and figure something out so that the winner of the day could get a bit of recognition and perhaps go home with a little something.

It's nice of the offer, I am not doing this to try and take away from the cause..perhaps the tool set could be auctioned off, but if it was offered as a prize for a fun derby like I mentioned it would be put to a good cause, I have a couple boats and about a dozen people committed to the day..waiting to hear back from a couple more :Gonefishing: