U.S. vehicles

jjcanoe

I'm seeing a lot of US vehicles for sale in car lots around the area, some in dealer lots (Toyota, Dodge, ETC) and some on private lots(independant). Anyone have any opinions about what I should look out for when looking at these vehicles. Obviously the speedo and odometer are in miles, but are things like the factory warranty still valid in Canada, will I get recall notices, how to get background info on them etc.... most of the ones I'm looking at are newer so they won't be hurricane vehicles

Can't always trust the salesmans word so just wondering if anyone has experience in this type of deal.

Thanks

jjcanoe

Don't look yourself unless you know what you are looking at, get a professional appraisal if you find a deal. Don't count on the factory warranty to be honored here and be very cautious about a dealer warranty too because we are beginning to see bankruptcies happen already.

Don't look yourself unless you know what you are looking at, get a professional appraisal if you find a deal. Don't count on the factory warranty to be honored here and be very cautious about a dealer warranty too because we are beginning to see bankruptcies happen already.

Wouldn't buy an aftermarket warranty since they always seem to find a way to weasel out of paying for anything.

jjcanoe

Gotta love the whole routine about how any given car was hardly driven and owned by a little old lady who just drove it to church.

i bought a 2000 dakota in 2005 or 06 that had just over 31k on it. and it WAS driven by an old man to town and back only on weekends. :thumbsup_anim:

i guess it doesnt happen to often though....

Save yourself some $$$ and import a car by yourself. Process is very simple and you can save yourself some decent $$ (Although now with the dollar the way it is, it might not be worth it)

Keep an eye on the US dollar the odds are high that it will drop like a rock, the question though will ours rise