salmon on the Thames?????

aws

I know someone caught one 1-2 weeks ago in the London limits. Check out the skunked.ca forums and you will see. I have heard they are around if you know where to look. But let's face it.. they aren't going to be pretty by the time they get up this far. Having Springbank dam out of commission has really let a variety of fish flourish in the London area. Pickerel, white bass, gar, mooneye, shad... just to name a few are all around more than ever.

Me and my buddys used to catch salmon in the Delaware area, and at Springbank Dam in London... I have never ACTUALLY seen a trout caught, but have heard enough people say they have got one.

I think there has even been posts on here of people posting rainbows caught in the Thames

I saw pics in a thread somewhere on another forum a few years ago of a guy with a 5lb or more steelhead at Fanshawe dam. Totally random catch. Right place at the right time. With enough water in the river and the dams open (Springbank), the possibilities of seeing a variety of lake fish is hugely increased.

Well, I can't speak about current conditions, but 25 years ago, we used to catch Coho, Chinnies, Bows and Lakers at Springbank Dam, from about the end of August, until end to middle of September.

Many were looking a lot worse for ware, but I still have an image in my mind of a huge bow that straightened the split ring on a buddy of mine! It jumped all over the river before the brass split ring on his Pixie spoon gave way.

Those fishin the Thames will find most migratory species piled up at the Springbank Dam, once they finish repairing it.

HH

the work WAS finished. From what I understand the dam was finally completed after taking wayyyyy too long. On the very first run through one of the doors broke. The door that broke is on the far side of the river, not the park side. So they can't just drive machinery up to it to fix it.. it's going to be a big deal. Also, I think they are all blaming each other. There's the city, the contractor, the parts manufacturers, the engineers, etc and they are supposedly all pointing the finger at each other and no one will accept the blame. And this was just on the test run.. imagine if they ran it one more time and the rest broke? Clearly someone messed up if you can't even open a multi million dollar dam once. That' just how I heard it, I don't know any details.