Suckers

muskeybugged

Honestly?, catch them yourself.

Back in the day when I used them for pike under a float half the fun was heading down to the creek and catching them a day or two before :) .

I'd freeze a bunch of smallish 4-5"'ers as well to tip my spinnerbaits with.

Large esox have an affinity for an oversized spinnerbait tipped with a sucker minnow slow rolled across the tops of shoals and weedbeds.

Find a shallow, muddy creek and let a worm lay on bottom. You should have a couple dozen in no time.

If you're really strapped, I'll tell ya the Grand River has them everywhere. Worms on bottom.

Edited by Rich

Isn't it against regs to use baitfish from another body of water?

it's against regs to bring them above the 401 from the VHS possitive zone to the negative zone for example. Against regs to dump your bucket of bait in a body of water the bait didn't come from :Gonefishing:

my fav pike bait this time of year..I trap my own in a minnow trap baited with bread soaked in vanilla extract

Well thanks for the response everybody!

However last night playing volleyball, of all sports, I split my hand open between the webbing of my fingers needing seven 20 lb test braided stitches. Now I know what it'd feel like being one of them poor little suckers getting rigged up.

This little "boo boo" will make rigging very difficult and the driving hookset needed next to impossible. Guess I'll have to troll these last few weekends out :(.

Suckers win this time!

Thanks again everyone.

IMG_0687.JPG