A Joke that would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. NF

Ramble

I'm sure you all heard voter turn out was at a new low of 59.1 %

Of the 13 some-odd million people who voted only 37.6 % voted for the conservatives. That 37.6% who did vote for them only represent 22.2% of the population who are actually eligable for voting.

Those numbers look more like my grade 11 report card then election results lol.

-R-

Most Canadians knew that the Tories were going to end up with another Minority governement. So why were these elections even called. It was a waste of $10 millions of taxpayers money, to end up with exactly what we started with. I think the reason a lot of people never even voted was because are choices were . Which of the lesser evil do we vote for??

45 years old and I have never voted, prolly never will. Why? Because I feel it is pointless. With elections happening as frequently as they do, I feel that the politicians work harder to get re-elected and not to offend anybody rather then rolling up there sleeves and doing what really needs to be done. How can you honestly expect to effect change if you get voted out in 4 years and the new party tears down your plans before they can even hope to accomplish anything? The whole system is flawed as far as I am concerned.

I have always worked hard and managed to squirrel enough money away to survive whatever the government tries to put us through. If you are sitting around waiting for the government to solve all your life's woes be prepared for a whole bunch of disappointment.

I have nothing against anybody who votes. It is your right and good for you for exercising it, I just choose not to.

My father who always votes says " If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain". I kind of agree with that. So I just grin and bear it and then move on.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Well put,

I agree %100

Cheers,

UF

45 years old and I have never voted, prolly never will. Why? Because I feel it is pointless. With elections happening as frequently as they do, I feel that the politicians work harder to get re-elected and not to offend anybody rather then rolling up there sleeves and doing what really needs to be done. How can you honestly expect to effect change if you get voted out in 4 years and the new party tears down your plans before they can even hope to accomplish anything? The whole system is flawed as far as I am concerned.

I have always worked hard and managed to squirrel enough money away to survive whatever the government tries to put us through. If you are sitting around waiting for the government to solve all your life's woes be prepared for a whole bunch of disappointment.

I have nothing against anybody who votes. It is your right and good for you for exercising it, I just choose not to.

My father who always votes says " If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain". I kind of agree with that. So I just grin and bear it and then move on.

I think it was crap overload.

With the American election running full tilt at the same time and Harper running attack adds against Dion for over a year everybody just ran for cover.

Liberals should take a lesson from Harper and produce their new leader a week before the next election so they can't pick him to pieces for a year.

Thing is, what do we get if we institute voting laws (Austrailia)?

We get a whole lot of people voting that have NO IDEA who, what, where, when or why they are voting. This is more of a problem if you ask me.

If the people that have no clue dont vote, it just makes my vote worth more.