Looking to buy some waders. Any advice?

jrego7

I've also got some cheap Canadian Tire neoprene chest waders. They were on special for about 80 dollars. I've been using them for about 5 or 6 years now and I even lend them out. Ok, the solid rubber foot is something you won't write home about but they do give a solid footing when walking along the shoreline.

I don't wear wading boots very often so I didn't mind buying something cheaper. The water up here in the Saguenay region of Quebec stays cold all summer so neoprene is the way to go. I wear a thin pair of long underwear underneath the waders.

So far, no leaks and no humidity problems either.

Now, I'm trying to find something to keep my elbows dry when I go into water deeper than my waist.

Hang 'em up to air-dry for a day or so..then put 'em away.

Get them a bit big so you have room for layers & extra sox for winter steelys!

Thanks for the info now it's a matter of going out and buying them :) Where is wilson's exactly? I know where bps is.

Edit: Do they have a site?

Edited by Rap's

Ummm. Some say you shouldn't fold them. Does it really matter? If you let them dry would it be ok to store them in a tote from canadian tire? Replies are contradicting. I've been thinking about upping my budget and getting the G4's.

As mentioned don't store them folded.

For the definitive answer Simms recommends either hanging them up (my choice) or laying them flat under your bed.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/about_repairs.html

As mentioned don't store them folded.

For the definitive answer Simms recommends either hanging them up (my choice) or laying them flat under your bed.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/about_repairs.html

I second that, big time. I have examples of neoprene that proves it (several wetsuits) and my Bare drysuit (more like heavy weight breathable wader material) is showing signs of stress at the folds from being stored in the tote bag that came with it.

Hang 'em up by the heels or on a hook through a fastener attached to the material. Don't hang them for very long with the weight on the suspenders. They tend to stretch and lose their elasticity.

JF