Angus salmon/steelhead

ball9320

I wouldn't be LOL when the Bylaw Enforcement Officer tags you, yes it's $40 for the year, fishing on either side of the #90 bridge at the old Conservation Office site or across the road where the Salmon Derby shack is to where the triangular parking lot is. Don't go down Don Ross Rd and park and fish unless you have written permission from the landowners. The BEO tags & tows. Permits are available from the Essa Twsp office or (I think the library in Angus, not sure).

It's an Essa Township fishing permit, available at the office just east of Baxter, and I think at the Angus library(not 100% sure). Just one of those fees that pays for garbage disposable, river enhancement, etc. There's also a $10, one day tag available. If you opt for the $40 tag, it gets you into the annual Essa Salmon Derby, usually the 3rd weekend of Sept.

Crooks everywhere what can you do. Everybody is trying to score a buck any way.

Bad enough you have to pay taxes through your nose plus everyone else is trying to rip you off on every corner.

Just go fish somewhere else man, plenty tribs up that way i am pretty sure.

It's an Essa Township fishing permit, available at the office just east of Baxter, and I think at the Angus library(not 100% sure). Just one of those fees that pays for garbage disposable, river enhancement, etc. There's also a $10, one day tag available. If you opt for the $40 tag, it gets you into the annual Essa Salmon Derby, usually the 3rd weekend of Sept.

Got it. I was happier before when I didn't know this. How are you supposed to know this?

I guess that ignorance truly is bliss.

I'll never pay that 40 dollars. If fishermen continue to allow this type of double dipping (fishing licence plus a permit) than in twenty years you won't be able to afford to fish anywhere. Every spot you go will cost you cash!!!! By the way Essa doesn't own the river and as long as your toes are dipped into the water they can piss off! It is not tresspassing and the ticket won't hold up in court. Infact, you don't even have to pay a tresspassing ticket. However, I would be weary of them tagging you for a parking ticket!

Navigatable waterways act.

Went to angus (area) today saw a steelie jump on some 6th concession place i tried, tried a few more bridge acces spots south of Angus and walked north of the hwy 90 bridge. Nothing at all floating roe, switched to fly gear and caught 4 beautiful creek chub..... Glad I didnt go and try and pay.

Hey Ball9320 .....That'll be $10.99 for each one of the creek chubs.

You can just pay essa township. Oh yah and each different fly you were using that'll be $2.99 each.

one more small fee ............. just let essa know how long each fish was on your hook cuz that'll be $3.50 a minute.