Unloading boat without trailer

idesign

I suspect it's too heavy to lift... so loosen off the winch cable/strap.. tie the boat to a tree or similar.. pull forward so the boat comes off the back of the trailer a couple feet and place a couple big blocks/logs under the transom. Then pull forward somemore so the boat tips down onto the blocks and continue to pull forward and place a block under the keel about where the nose just starts to taper in. Pull trailer the rest of the way out. Load in opposite fashion.

Did this with a 26' Searay/full cabin every fall and spring for 15 years.

Edited by irishfield

I suspect it's too heavy to lift... so loosen off the winch cable/strap.. tie the boat to a tree or similar.. pull forward so the boat comes off the back of the trailer a couple feet and place a couple big blocks/logs under the transom. Then pull forward somemore so the boat tips down onto the blocks and continue to pull forward and place a block under the keel about where the nose just starts to taper in. Pull trailer the rest of the way out. Load in opposite fashion.

Did this with a 26' Searay/full cabin every fall and spring for 15 years.

txh.will try ur way.

Guys i am getting 14ft boat tomorrow.It doesn't come with trailer.So can some1 tell me easiest way to unload boat from trailer at home until i find trailer for it. thank you

Well first of all, what kind of boat? Alu, Fibreglass? How much does it weigh?

Method Wayne described is best, especially outdoors. Be sure to wet down or silicone if its a bunk trailer, getting the boat started sliding backwards is hard on the transom tie downs your anchoring to the tree. It should go without saying, don't mean to insult you but this should be done on level ground, an incline down will make it harder to get the boat sliding off trailer.

In a garage we often drop front of trailer so stern of boat raises in air-then block the boat out at transom. With transom securely supported you then jack at bow of the boat and support on both sides as far on chines in front of trailer wheels as possible. Remove the jack, roll trailer forward till wheels are at bow blocking of the boat.....jack boat up a little more-support boat behind trailer wheels, remove front blocking and roll your trailer away. Support boat centre bow and its nicely blocked if you have hull work to do.