Lake Simcoe

PERCHER

I was thinking about taking the young lad out on Simcoe this Saturday.But have never fished the lake when it wasn't frozen.I dont even have a clue where to launch my boat.Anybody else heading out this weekend?

I was thinking Cooks Bay area maybe for some pike fun.Can any body help me out even if its just with a boat launch with a good dock and good parking?It does not have to be a free launch because I don't mind paying for the use of a quality boat ramp.

Thanks in advance Dan

I see your from Burlington so I assume you are talking west side of cooks bay. Free launch at the end of HWY 89. If you want to Launch at a marina off 89 make a right on Hwy 11 then first Left and follow that to the water. I think the Marina is called Cook's Bay Marina. Better launch at the end of Innisfil Rd in the park but $30 for non residents. Also you can launch in the Holland River off of Queenston and a few other places. Hope this helps, good luck fishing with the new boat.

If you want the kid to have a blast and catch all day long,the perch are here in the bay plentiful along with some smallie action.

The young one will have a blast along with yourself. Theres also a free launch here.

PM If you want more info.