Scugog/Simcoe/Cooch Report *PICS*

steverowbotham

Wednesday, Cal and I had an extra hour and a half, and what time is not worth fishing? We headed to the Scugog River and only got bit once, but Cal landed this beauty!

n502843091_1479315_7077.jpg

Thursday I made a few drifts in Bowmanville Creek on my way home from work. I landed 1 male coho, and a nice brown hen, all on a black wooly bugger. Lots of big chinnies around racing upstream.

Pic of the brown is on my cell phone, she was about 5 pounds.

On Friday, I headed out to Lake Simcoe with Kelli and my dad. We fished a lot of new water, and found some great water. Lots of pigs today, all fish came on tubes and jerkbaits. Kelli caught her new PB smallie .... twice! Dad caught his new PB smallie! I never hit my PB, but I had a great day on the water. My camera batteries were dead so we brought our biggest 6 into shore for pictures, all fish were released after photos. What a GREAT DAY!!!

n502843091_1491155_6519.jpg

n502843091_1491154_6170.jpg

Saturday was our club classic on Couchiching, after spending some time with Mark Kulik, I had a plan in place. I caught lots of fish on his dropshot slammers, including a nice 3 pounder. Unfortunately the rest were all small. I ended up getting a nice 3.5 pounder on a topwater at the end of the day. Although I landed about 30 fish, I only weighed 11.80 pounds, a 5th place finish. Can't win them ALL!!!!

Thanks again Mark for the time and the baits, it is greatly appreciated, and the numbers gave me confidence.

Winning weight was 17 in change.

n502843091_1491171_3179.jpg

I certainly hope those huge bass were released after the "dock shots"?! :stretcher:

It says in the report they were. Our batteries died out there, and we were a pretty long way from the launch, so we brought them into shore to get batteries (in aerated livewells, for those concerned). They were all released following the pictures.

Awesome pictures steve i was gonna head out on couch that sat but i saw a tourney and the dragon boat run so i passed it up to go during the week. What tourney was it?

There were 2 tourneys actually. The Barrie Bassmasters had our Club Classic (top 6 boaters and top 6 non boaters), the Hawgtown Bassmasters had a tournament aswell