Fall Salmon Run

krawler

Salmon hit in the rivers due to aggresion, they are not feeding only protecting the area there in. It dosn't really matter much to me why, as long as they hit.

As far as runs go this year has been dismal to say the least, at dams a few fish jumping may give the impression there are lots but in reality the numbers are way way down from previous years

Salmon run's the best I've seen in a while on the Lake Erie tribs. Ours are about 98% natural with 2% strays from the US.

Ontario has never stocked any chinook into Erie, the US used to stock Dunkirk & the Catt but stopped putting kings in years ago. There hasn't been any Kings stocked in Erie since 1997.

Though lot's are being caught, they're either strays that have colonized rivers, or even Huron stocked fish that have come down in a search for food.

Cool! Interesting to know. There must be a little natural reproduction at least because there are a couple of creeks I know which get pretty good (nothing in comparison to lake O) returns every year.

Another interesting thing is the pink salmon... where the heck do they come from?